Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The ultimate acai berry weight loss smoothie
One great way to start a healthier diet is to introduce fruit smoothies into it. Smoothies are a quick and easy breakfast option and can also be used as part of a juice cleanse and detox.
Including certain types of fruit and vegetables in your smoothies can also help you to lose weight, which is perfect if you are using the new year as a reason to shed a few a pounds.
Unlike some diet options, smoothies still pack a lot of flavour and can be altered to suit your personal taste. They also fit perfectly into a busy lifestyle and ensure you are getting your five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
A great ingredient to include in your smoothie is the acai berry. These little fruits have tonnes of good properties that can help you discover the new you this year.
Acai berries help to reduce cholesterol, are packed with antioxidants -making them great for your health and your skin - have high levels of vitamins and nutrients and help to keep your energy levels up. With all of these benefits, it makes sense to use them as part of your new year healthy diet.
Ideally, you should have your acai smoothie for breakfast so you are ready to face the day and follow it with a healthy and balanced lunch and dinner. Alternatively, you can drink it after exercising as it will help your muscles to repair themselves.
One cup mango chunks (fresh or frozen depending on your preference)
Half a banana (fresh or frozen)
100 grams of frozen acai puree - alternatively you can also use a tablespoon of frozen acai powder
One cup of water
Honey to taste if wanted
Simply put the mango, banana, water and acai into a blender - you'll need a good quality one if you're using frozen fruit - and blend for around 45 seconds until smooth. Taste it once blended to see if you need to add any honey for sweetness.
You can also add other ingredients, like pineapple and avocado, to make the smoothie more filling. The water can be substituted with pure apple juice for added flavour.
If you want to pack in as much goodness as possible, try including a couple of teaspoons of matcha green tea powder for extra antioxidants and detoxifying properties. The smoothie can also be made with a serving of protein powder.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello. Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi, if I'm on hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone), can I also take this for menopause symptoms, stress, and brain fog issues associated with menopause?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage