Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The ultimate acai berry weight loss smoothie
One great way to start a healthier diet is to introduce fruit smoothies into it. Smoothies are a quick and easy breakfast option and can also be used as part of a juice cleanse and detox.
Including certain types of fruit and vegetables in your smoothies can also help you to lose weight, which is perfect if you are using the new year as a reason to shed a few a pounds.
Unlike some diet options, smoothies still pack a lot of flavour and can be altered to suit your personal taste. They also fit perfectly into a busy lifestyle and ensure you are getting your five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
A great ingredient to include in your smoothie is the acai berry. These little fruits have tonnes of good properties that can help you discover the new you this year.
Acai berries help to reduce cholesterol, are packed with antioxidants -making them great for your health and your skin - have high levels of vitamins and nutrients and help to keep your energy levels up. With all of these benefits, it makes sense to use them as part of your new year healthy diet.
Ideally, you should have your acai smoothie for breakfast so you are ready to face the day and follow it with a healthy and balanced lunch and dinner. Alternatively, you can drink it after exercising as it will help your muscles to repair themselves.
One cup mango chunks (fresh or frozen depending on your preference)
Half a banana (fresh or frozen)
100 grams of frozen acai puree - alternatively you can also use a tablespoon of frozen acai powder
One cup of water
Honey to taste if wanted
Simply put the mango, banana, water and acai into a blender - you'll need a good quality one if you're using frozen fruit - and blend for around 45 seconds until smooth. Taste it once blended to see if you need to add any honey for sweetness.
You can also add other ingredients, like pineapple and avocado, to make the smoothie more filling. The water can be substituted with pure apple juice for added flavour.
If you want to pack in as much goodness as possible, try including a couple of teaspoons of matcha green tea powder for extra antioxidants and detoxifying properties. The smoothie can also be made with a serving of protein powder.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks