Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Three reasons why your skin deserves organic products
Skincare is high on the agenda of many people during the summer months, when chances are it needs a bit of boost, some extra hydration and added protection.
But what products are best and why is organic a good idea?
1: They're great for sensitive skin
One of the main benefits of natural beauty products is that they contain no harsh chemicals, likely to irritate or adversely affect the skin.
While most people won't have sensitive skin, covering it in chemicals daily can help make it more vulnerable, reducing its ability to protect us against the elements.
Paul Williams, director of Gentle Beauty Limited, argues: "If we put a lot of aggressive chemicals onto our skin, we actually compromise the skin's ability to protect us."
2: They can ease daily skin damage
Think of the everyday strains and stresses we put our skin through. From shaving, to applying deodorant, swimming in chlorine and over-exposure to UV rays, adding in harsh chemicals could add to this potential damage.
Naturally occurring ingredients can work in harmony with the skin, injecting moisture with essential oils and protecting against unwanted damage and dryness during the warmer months.
3: Chemical risks are not fully understood
By looking on the back of most skincare and beauty products chances are you'll notice a long list of chemicals. You're unlikely to understand each one and the damage they could inflict over time is unknown even by many experts.
Mr Williams claims: "We don't know what effects these chemical products are having in the main. It is a very hard life for the skin."
By relying on only natural ingredients this can eliminate any potential risks of using harsh chemicals, many of which are included merely to add artificial smells, textures and preservatives rather than to care for the skin.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy