Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Three reasons why your skin deserves organic products
Skincare is high on the agenda of many people during the summer months, when chances are it needs a bit of boost, some extra hydration and added protection.
But what products are best and why is organic a good idea?
1: They're great for sensitive skin
One of the main benefits of natural beauty products is that they contain no harsh chemicals, likely to irritate or adversely affect the skin.
While most people won't have sensitive skin, covering it in chemicals daily can help make it more vulnerable, reducing its ability to protect us against the elements.
Paul Williams, director of Gentle Beauty Limited, argues: "If we put a lot of aggressive chemicals onto our skin, we actually compromise the skin's ability to protect us."
2: They can ease daily skin damage
Think of the everyday strains and stresses we put our skin through. From shaving, to applying deodorant, swimming in chlorine and over-exposure to UV rays, adding in harsh chemicals could add to this potential damage.
Naturally occurring ingredients can work in harmony with the skin, injecting moisture with essential oils and protecting against unwanted damage and dryness during the warmer months.
3: Chemical risks are not fully understood
By looking on the back of most skincare and beauty products chances are you'll notice a long list of chemicals. You're unlikely to understand each one and the damage they could inflict over time is unknown even by many experts.
Mr Williams claims: "We don't know what effects these chemical products are having in the main. It is a very hard life for the skin."
By relying on only natural ingredients this can eliminate any potential risks of using harsh chemicals, many of which are included merely to add artificial smells, textures and preservatives rather than to care for the skin.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)