Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Three reasons why your skin deserves organic products
Skincare is high on the agenda of many people during the summer months, when chances are it needs a bit of boost, some extra hydration and added protection.
But what products are best and why is organic a good idea?
1: They're great for sensitive skin
One of the main benefits of natural beauty products is that they contain no harsh chemicals, likely to irritate or adversely affect the skin.
While most people won't have sensitive skin, covering it in chemicals daily can help make it more vulnerable, reducing its ability to protect us against the elements.
Paul Williams, director of Gentle Beauty Limited, argues: "If we put a lot of aggressive chemicals onto our skin, we actually compromise the skin's ability to protect us."
2: They can ease daily skin damage
Think of the everyday strains and stresses we put our skin through. From shaving, to applying deodorant, swimming in chlorine and over-exposure to UV rays, adding in harsh chemicals could add to this potential damage.
Naturally occurring ingredients can work in harmony with the skin, injecting moisture with essential oils and protecting against unwanted damage and dryness during the warmer months.
3: Chemical risks are not fully understood
By looking on the back of most skincare and beauty products chances are you'll notice a long list of chemicals. You're unlikely to understand each one and the damage they could inflict over time is unknown even by many experts.
Mr Williams claims: "We don't know what effects these chemical products are having in the main. It is a very hard life for the skin."
By relying on only natural ingredients this can eliminate any potential risks of using harsh chemicals, many of which are included merely to add artificial smells, textures and preservatives rather than to care for the skin.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.