Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Tips for coping with the Christmas hangover
Christmas is fantastic for a number of reasons, one of which being the amount of mulled wine, sherry and other drinks on offer.
However, with the tipsy nights out and the booze-fuelled parties comes a bit of a sore head in the morning.
Before reaching for paracetamol or other chemical-filled pain relief, try these natural hangover remedies.
Alcohol has a tendency to dehydrate an individual, so lots of drink can make you seriously dehydrated - adding head pain to the general aches and pains of a hangover.
"Alcohol is a diuretic and, as your pounding headache and dry, fuzzy mouth are partly due to dehydration, drinking water will help speed your recovery," explains Dr Sarah Brewer, a medical nutritionist.
She advises to sip water little and often all day long to get at least two litres of pure water on board.
It might seem like the last thing that you want to do, but eating breakfast is the key to a hangover-free day.
Nutritionist Yvonne Bishop-Weston advises that people have a fruit smoothie as soon as they wake up.
Filling this smoothie with bananas is particularly beneficial, as excessive alcohol intake can eliminate your body’s supply of potassium, a void that bananas can quickly fill.
After the smoothie, Ms Bishop-Weston recommends having something full of protein.
"It could be eggs, kippers, something along those lines - it is surprising, although it might feel like it is going to turn your stomach, people really do feel better," she said.
In particular she recommends eggs because they are high in omega-3, the essential fatty acid that help reduce the symptoms of a hangover.
Just like the banana, honey is rich in potassium, as well as a number of other antioxidants which help alleviate the pain the morning after.
If you can't face eggs in the morning, a bit of honey on toast could be a perfect hangover cure breakfast.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy