Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Tips for coping with the Christmas hangover
Christmas is fantastic for a number of reasons, one of which being the amount of mulled wine, sherry and other drinks on offer.
However, with the tipsy nights out and the booze-fuelled parties comes a bit of a sore head in the morning.
Before reaching for paracetamol or other chemical-filled pain relief, try these natural hangover remedies.
Alcohol has a tendency to dehydrate an individual, so lots of drink can make you seriously dehydrated - adding head pain to the general aches and pains of a hangover.
"Alcohol is a diuretic and, as your pounding headache and dry, fuzzy mouth are partly due to dehydration, drinking water will help speed your recovery," explains Dr Sarah Brewer, a medical nutritionist.
She advises to sip water little and often all day long to get at least two litres of pure water on board.
It might seem like the last thing that you want to do, but eating breakfast is the key to a hangover-free day.
Nutritionist Yvonne Bishop-Weston advises that people have a fruit smoothie as soon as they wake up.
Filling this smoothie with bananas is particularly beneficial, as excessive alcohol intake can eliminate your body’s supply of potassium, a void that bananas can quickly fill.
After the smoothie, Ms Bishop-Weston recommends having something full of protein.
"It could be eggs, kippers, something along those lines - it is surprising, although it might feel like it is going to turn your stomach, people really do feel better," she said.
In particular she recommends eggs because they are high in omega-3, the essential fatty acid that help reduce the symptoms of a hangover.
Just like the banana, honey is rich in potassium, as well as a number of other antioxidants which help alleviate the pain the morning after.
If you can't face eggs in the morning, a bit of honey on toast could be a perfect hangover cure breakfast.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.