Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Tips to fight the menopause weight gain
Just when you thought your body had taken enough of a beating from the menopause, what with the hot flushes and the mood swings, Mother Nature then goes and adds a weight gain on top of it all!
The reason behind weight gain during the menopause is thought to be to do with the levels of the hormone oestrogen.
In animal studies, oestrogen appears to help regulate body weight. With lower oestrogen levels, lab animals tend to eat more and be less physically active.
It's possible the same thing happens with women when oestrogen levels decrease after menopause.
The changes women go through during the menopause can be difficult to deal with, so it's a good idea to combat the weight gain.
Every woman deserves great mental and physical well being!
Plenty of water
Lots of water helps the body to remove those unwanted toxins which can slow the burning of fat down.
It allows the body to use up fats and carbohydrates quicker, as well as working as an appetite suppressor.
According to Danny Saunders, head of fitness & personal training at the Laboratory Spa & Health Club, the kind of water you have matters too.
"Drink quality water. Swap tap water for bottled or filtered water as this will not only improve your bowel habits and general health, but it will also help to reduce your body fat too," he said.
Weigh yourself daily
As menopause weight can come on slowly, it's a good idea to weigh yourself every day so that you can do something about it as soon as it begins to creep on.
It will also give you little daily triumphs when you begin to lose weight!
Diet and exercise with a friend
If you've got a friend who's going through the same thing, doing it together will make it a lot easier, and a lot more enjoyable.
Yoga classes are a great start to exercising, as it's gentle, can be done at home and is lots of fun.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.