Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Tips to fight the menopause weight gain
Just when you thought your body had taken enough of a beating from the menopause, what with the hot flushes and the mood swings, Mother Nature then goes and adds a weight gain on top of it all!
The reason behind weight gain during the menopause is thought to be to do with the levels of the hormone oestrogen.
In animal studies, oestrogen appears to help regulate body weight. With lower oestrogen levels, lab animals tend to eat more and be less physically active.
It's possible the same thing happens with women when oestrogen levels decrease after menopause.
The changes women go through during the menopause can be difficult to deal with, so it's a good idea to combat the weight gain.
Every woman deserves great mental and physical well being!
Plenty of water
Lots of water helps the body to remove those unwanted toxins which can slow the burning of fat down.
It allows the body to use up fats and carbohydrates quicker, as well as working as an appetite suppressor.
According to Danny Saunders, head of fitness & personal training at the Laboratory Spa & Health Club, the kind of water you have matters too.
"Drink quality water. Swap tap water for bottled or filtered water as this will not only improve your bowel habits and general health, but it will also help to reduce your body fat too," he said.
Weigh yourself daily
As menopause weight can come on slowly, it's a good idea to weigh yourself every day so that you can do something about it as soon as it begins to creep on.
It will also give you little daily triumphs when you begin to lose weight!
Diet and exercise with a friend
If you've got a friend who's going through the same thing, doing it together will make it a lot easier, and a lot more enjoyable.
Yoga classes are a great start to exercising, as it's gentle, can be done at home and is lots of fun.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy