Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top 5 foods that cleanse the liver
Our livers are under constant pressure and strain. With modern society being exposed to a number of environmental pollutants and digesting over processed or fried foods, our livers are becoming over-worked and struggle to breaking down and eliminate all these toxins from our bodies.
Thankfully, there are many foods that can help cleanse the liver naturally, to stimulate the detoxing process and eliminate any harmful chemical buildup within the organ.
To help you detox and cleanse, here are our five favourite foods to help your liver.
1. Green Leafy Vegetables
These are essential to help cleanse the liver. Green vegetables, especially spinach, kale and lettuce are filled with plant chlorophylls which pull the environmental toxins out of the bloodstream and out of the body. They also help neutralise heavy metals that can build up in the liver from chemicals and pesticides, and help boost the liver's elimination of these toxins.
An apple a day really does keep the doctor away as these fruits have high levels of pectin. This compound helps the body to cleanse and release any toxins that have built up in the digestive tract. This makes it easier for the liver to tackle the toxic load and remove them from the body.
3. Whole grains
Munching on whole grains such as brown rice and pasta helps the overall fat metabolization within the body. This will help the liver decongest and be less sluggish when it comes to breaking down toxins.
With its high level of vitamin C and antioxidants, this fruit is perfect for boosting the body's natural cleansing process. A small glass of grapefruit juice in the morning will help flush out any toxins.
5. Green tea
Touted as one of the best detox teas available, green tea makes a great addition to your lifestyle if you're looking to up your liver function. It's high levels of plant antioxidants, especially catechins which are directly linked to the liver, make it an easy way to cleanse and detoxify the body every day.
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.