Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top 5 foods that cleanse the liver
Our livers are under constant pressure and strain. With modern society being exposed to a number of environmental pollutants and digesting over processed or fried foods, our livers are becoming over-worked and struggle to breaking down and eliminate all these toxins from our bodies.
Thankfully, there are many foods that can help cleanse the liver naturally, to stimulate the detoxing process and eliminate any harmful chemical buildup within the organ.
To help you detox and cleanse, here are our five favourite foods to help your liver.
1. Green Leafy Vegetables
These are essential to help cleanse the liver. Green vegetables, especially spinach, kale and lettuce are filled with plant chlorophylls which pull the environmental toxins out of the bloodstream and out of the body. They also help neutralise heavy metals that can build up in the liver from chemicals and pesticides, and help boost the liver's elimination of these toxins.
An apple a day really does keep the doctor away as these fruits have high levels of pectin. This compound helps the body to cleanse and release any toxins that have built up in the digestive tract. This makes it easier for the liver to tackle the toxic load and remove them from the body.
3. Whole grains
Munching on whole grains such as brown rice and pasta helps the overall fat metabolization within the body. This will help the liver decongest and be less sluggish when it comes to breaking down toxins.
With its high level of vitamin C and antioxidants, this fruit is perfect for boosting the body's natural cleansing process. A small glass of grapefruit juice in the morning will help flush out any toxins.
5. Green tea
Touted as one of the best detox teas available, green tea makes a great addition to your lifestyle if you're looking to up your liver function. It's high levels of plant antioxidants, especially catechins which are directly linked to the liver, make it an easy way to cleanse and detoxify the body every day.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.