Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top 5 foods that cleanse the liver
Our livers are under constant pressure and strain. With modern society being exposed to a number of environmental pollutants and digesting over processed or fried foods, our livers are becoming over-worked and struggle to breaking down and eliminate all these toxins from our bodies.
Thankfully, there are many foods that can help cleanse the liver naturally, to stimulate the detoxing process and eliminate any harmful chemical buildup within the organ.
To help you detox and cleanse, here are our five favourite foods to help your liver.
1. Green Leafy Vegetables
These are essential to help cleanse the liver. Green vegetables, especially spinach, kale and lettuce are filled with plant chlorophylls which pull the environmental toxins out of the bloodstream and out of the body. They also help neutralise heavy metals that can build up in the liver from chemicals and pesticides, and help boost the liver's elimination of these toxins.
An apple a day really does keep the doctor away as these fruits have high levels of pectin. This compound helps the body to cleanse and release any toxins that have built up in the digestive tract. This makes it easier for the liver to tackle the toxic load and remove them from the body.
3. Whole grains
Munching on whole grains such as brown rice and pasta helps the overall fat metabolization within the body. This will help the liver decongest and be less sluggish when it comes to breaking down toxins.
With its high level of vitamin C and antioxidants, this fruit is perfect for boosting the body's natural cleansing process. A small glass of grapefruit juice in the morning will help flush out any toxins.
5. Green tea
Touted as one of the best detox teas available, green tea makes a great addition to your lifestyle if you're looking to up your liver function. It's high levels of plant antioxidants, especially catechins which are directly linked to the liver, make it an easy way to cleanse and detoxify the body every day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?