Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top 5 foods that cleanse the liver
Our livers are under constant pressure and strain. With modern society being exposed to a number of environmental pollutants and digesting over processed or fried foods, our livers are becoming over-worked and struggle to breaking down and eliminate all these toxins from our bodies.
Thankfully, there are many foods that can help cleanse the liver naturally, to stimulate the detoxing process and eliminate any harmful chemical buildup within the organ.
To help you detox and cleanse, here are our five favourite foods to help your liver.
1. Green Leafy Vegetables
These are essential to help cleanse the liver. Green vegetables, especially spinach, kale and lettuce are filled with plant chlorophylls which pull the environmental toxins out of the bloodstream and out of the body. They also help neutralise heavy metals that can build up in the liver from chemicals and pesticides, and help boost the liver's elimination of these toxins.
An apple a day really does keep the doctor away as these fruits have high levels of pectin. This compound helps the body to cleanse and release any toxins that have built up in the digestive tract. This makes it easier for the liver to tackle the toxic load and remove them from the body.
3. Whole grains
Munching on whole grains such as brown rice and pasta helps the overall fat metabolization within the body. This will help the liver decongest and be less sluggish when it comes to breaking down toxins.
With its high level of vitamin C and antioxidants, this fruit is perfect for boosting the body's natural cleansing process. A small glass of grapefruit juice in the morning will help flush out any toxins.
5. Green tea
Touted as one of the best detox teas available, green tea makes a great addition to your lifestyle if you're looking to up your liver function. It's high levels of plant antioxidants, especially catechins which are directly linked to the liver, make it an easy way to cleanse and detoxify the body every day.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy