Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top 7 foods for healthy skin
How many times have we heard the phrase 'you are what you eat?' Too many, we can presume.
However, despite the cliché, there is truth in the statement.
Eating well can do wonders for our skin, leaving it healthy, glowing and youthful. Try these seven natural foods for a perfect complexion.
Many people steer away from avocados because of the fat content present in them. However, we actually need fatty acids for our skin to stay plump and fresh.
Louise Thomas-Minns, skin therapist, explained that "essential fats are a must for healthy skin. They are vital to strengthen the cell membrane to keep nutrients in and toxins out."
As a superfood, blueberries are packed full of antioxidants. This adds a protective layer to your skin which helps delay the signs of ageing.
Ms. Thomas-Minns also recommends oily fishes for their rich omega-3 content - which plumps and smoothes our skin.
Salmon is also packed with a little mineral called selenium which is known to smooth the skin and act as a potent antioxidant.
4. Dark chocolate
Hurrah! No, your eyes do not deceive you. Dark chocolate is good for your skin.
According to doctors, the cocoa present in dark chocolate hydrates your skin, making it firmer and suppler.
Products high in dairy give you loads of protein - which in turn makes your skin firmer.
Having firmer skin means that you are less likely to be plagued with wrinkles, so grab that natural yoghurt now!
6. Whole grains
Whole grains are just an all round treat - aiding with digestion, weight control and even the skin. Is there nothing they can't do?
Owing to their high fibre content, whole grains help your body stay hydrated and flush out any toxins that could harm the skin.
Yes, yes, okay - water is not technically a food, but when it comes to making your skin glow, there's nothing more effective than water.
It hydrates you better than anything else, as well as flushing out any nasty substances that could be harming your skin.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)