Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top 7 foods for healthy skin
How many times have we heard the phrase 'you are what you eat?' Too many, we can presume.
However, despite the cliché, there is truth in the statement.
Eating well can do wonders for our skin, leaving it healthy, glowing and youthful. Try these seven natural foods for a perfect complexion.
Many people steer away from avocados because of the fat content present in them. However, we actually need fatty acids for our skin to stay plump and fresh.
Louise Thomas-Minns, skin therapist, explained that "essential fats are a must for healthy skin. They are vital to strengthen the cell membrane to keep nutrients in and toxins out."
As a superfood, blueberries are packed full of antioxidants. This adds a protective layer to your skin which helps delay the signs of ageing.
Ms. Thomas-Minns also recommends oily fishes for their rich omega-3 content - which plumps and smoothes our skin.
Salmon is also packed with a little mineral called selenium which is known to smooth the skin and act as a potent antioxidant.
4. Dark chocolate
Hurrah! No, your eyes do not deceive you. Dark chocolate is good for your skin.
According to doctors, the cocoa present in dark chocolate hydrates your skin, making it firmer and suppler.
Products high in dairy give you loads of protein - which in turn makes your skin firmer.
Having firmer skin means that you are less likely to be plagued with wrinkles, so grab that natural yoghurt now!
6. Whole grains
Whole grains are just an all round treat - aiding with digestion, weight control and even the skin. Is there nothing they can't do?
Owing to their high fibre content, whole grains help your body stay hydrated and flush out any toxins that could harm the skin.
Yes, yes, okay - water is not technically a food, but when it comes to making your skin glow, there's nothing more effective than water.
It hydrates you better than anything else, as well as flushing out any nasty substances that could be harming your skin.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy