Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top benefits of using the NETI POT
Not just for clogged sinuses – improve skin tone, reduce tension and anxiety
Written by: Ernesta Stripeikaite
Health & Wellbeing writer
Neti pots have been used for centuries in Indian medicine called Ayurveda. Luckily the practice of nasal irrigation is becoming increasingly popular in the West. More and more people are experiencing the benefits of Neti pots.
Who would benefit from using the Neti pot regularly?
People that suffer with:
How does it work?
- Improving cilia
Neti pot works by thinning the mucous in the nasal passages to help flush it out. The tiny, hair-like structures called cilia that line the inside of the nasal and sinus cavities wave back and forth to push mucous either to the back of the throat where it can be swallowed, or to the nose to be blown out. Chronic sinus problems may cause the cilia to beat in a slow and uncoordinated way.
Irrigation with a saline solution can help increase the speed and improve coordination of the cilia. In turn they become more efficient at removing bacteria, allergens, and other irritants that cause sinus problems.
- Efficient drainage
Using the Neti pot stimulates the tear ducts and glands which exerts a relaxing and irrigating effect upon the eyes. Regular practise of nasal irrigation maintains healthy secretory and drainage mechanisms of the entire ear, nose and throat area.
- Anti-ageing, de-stressing, balancing
You probably would not have thought that regular practice of Neti can help relieve muscular tension of the face which helps to keep the face looking young and wrinkle-free. Relieving muscular tension also has a soothing, relaxing effect on the mind and can help reduce emotional tension and the symptoms of anxiety and depression, and also improve mental clarity.
Nasal irrigation promotes a balance between the left and right nostrils, and in turn - the left and right hemispheres of the brain. This induces a state of harmony and balance throughout the entire central nervous system which essentially regulates the rest of the body. Interestingly, the frontal lobes of the brain, responsible for the higher mental abilities, begin to function optimally.
How to use the Neti pot?
- Boil some water and let it cool down to body temperature
- Dissolve ½ teaspoon of good quality salt (sea salt or Himalayan)
- Tilt your head over the sink to about 45-degree angle. Put the tip of the nozzle into your top nostril and gently pour the water into that nostril.
- Keep your mouth open and breathe through your mouth. The water will flow through your nasal cavity and out through the other nostril.
- Blow your nose to get rid of any remaining liquid
- Refill the Neti pot and repeat the process on the other side
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy