Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top body oils for dry skin
Extreme weather, whether it's blazing hot or cold and windy, can wreak havoc on your skin, especially if it's already rather dry.
Alice Hart-Davis, creator of goodthingsbeauty.com, claims that it can be easier to hide dry skin away, when in fact it just needs some TLC.
"Using body butters and oils, which are thicker than normal body lotions, can really help dry skin, as they create a good barrier to keep moisture in the skin," she explained, which is great for problem areas like knees and elbows.
Top body oils include:
Rich in antioxidants, this oil is often used to help reduce the appearance of ageing, softening the skin and moisturising deeply to prevent wrinkling and sagging.
It contains a little natural UV protection and can form a barrier against infection.
Jojoba oil is chemically similar to the body's own natural oils, meaning it's brilliant for sensitive skin in particular.
It penetrates the skin well and leaves hardly any residue, so can be reapplied frequently without fear of marking or stickiness.
Grape seed oil
Grape seed oil contains the same antioxidants as you might find in green tea and red wine, which have been shown to help slow the ageing process.
It's frequently used to calm acne, as it also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Unlike some other essential oils, it also works well on oily skin, leaving it feeling smooth and reenergised after only a few applications.
How should you use them?
Ms Hart-Davis recommends that they should be massaged directly into the skin so that they can penetrate through the layers.
"For extra benefit, use your oil or body butter straight after a shower, when you have towelled off but while your skin is still damp, as the product will help seal that water into the skin," she went on to add.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy