Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top body oils for dry skin
Extreme weather, whether it's blazing hot or cold and windy, can wreak havoc on your skin, especially if it's already rather dry.
Alice Hart-Davis, creator of goodthingsbeauty.com, claims that it can be easier to hide dry skin away, when in fact it just needs some TLC.
"Using body butters and oils, which are thicker than normal body lotions, can really help dry skin, as they create a good barrier to keep moisture in the skin," she explained, which is great for problem areas like knees and elbows.
Top body oils include:
Rich in antioxidants, this oil is often used to help reduce the appearance of ageing, softening the skin and moisturising deeply to prevent wrinkling and sagging.
It contains a little natural UV protection and can form a barrier against infection.
Jojoba oil is chemically similar to the body's own natural oils, meaning it's brilliant for sensitive skin in particular.
It penetrates the skin well and leaves hardly any residue, so can be reapplied frequently without fear of marking or stickiness.
Grape seed oil
Grape seed oil contains the same antioxidants as you might find in green tea and red wine, which have been shown to help slow the ageing process.
It's frequently used to calm acne, as it also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Unlike some other essential oils, it also works well on oily skin, leaving it feeling smooth and reenergised after only a few applications.
How should you use them?
Ms Hart-Davis recommends that they should be massaged directly into the skin so that they can penetrate through the layers.
"For extra benefit, use your oil or body butter straight after a shower, when you have towelled off but while your skin is still damp, as the product will help seal that water into the skin," she went on to add.
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- De-stress Skullcap & Lemon Balm Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml25% OFFAs low as £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)