Cookies on fushi.co.uk
TOP CARROT TIP!
Written by -
Health & Wellbeing writer
What do you call a vegetable with a sense of humour? A carrot top! And to top it off the positivity’s of carrots don’t stop there, Carrot Oil/Carrot Seed Oil is a healing, powerful essential oil which has a plethora of beauty and well-being uses. It is often nick named ‘Wild Carrot’ or ‘Queen Anne’s Lace’ and is mainly attained from the wild carrots of Europe. Organic Carrot Oil is extracted from the seeds of carrots through a distillation process. Modern medical studies have proven its anti-bacterial qualities, along with its ability to lubricate skin cells on the top layer of your skin.
The thick orange paste is most powerful in its purest form and is probably most celebrated for its moisturising benefits for the skin. Our skin can dehydrate very easily as moisture evaporates from our skin but Carrot Oil softens skin tissues and keeps moisture locked in. This is why Carrot Oil is particularly effective in treating skin irritations such as eczema and acne. Its magical powers don’t stop there in its healing properties: it is anti-viral and anti-septic meaning it can cure many infections, it is a stimulant which boosts circulation and metabolic functions and it is also a detoxifier which eliminates toxins from the blood, tissues and internal organs such as the liver.
Let’s explore the benefits from carrot top to tip!
Carrot oil is a stress reliever; it has a soothing and soft earthy aroma which works to relieve stress, anxiety and exhaustion: the greatest villains of ageing skin, wrinkles and stretch marks! It contains ascorbic acid which is known to deliver anti-ageing effects. The anti-ageing oil also contains beta carotene, which is a strong anti-oxidant known to maintain healthy skin. Its detoxifying powers fight skin problems but also help to prevent wrinkles and liver spots.
Tips: Coat your skin with carrot oil before bedtime or mix the oil with a simple moisturiser (like coconut oil) and give your whole body a facial (a bacial!)
- UNDER EYE TREATMENT
Carrot oil is rich in Vitamins A and E which means it is particularly useful for those dark bags under our eyes which we constantly battle with. Not only that remember the old wives tale that carrots will help you see in the dark, well in actual fact Carrot Oil can improve eyesight because of its abundance of Vitamin A. Vitamin A supports the surface of the eye and the mucous membranes which maintains an effective barrier and reduces the risk of infections.
Tips: Apply a few drops of Carrot Oil under your eyes first thing in the morning and then last thing at night for best effects.
Carrot believe it (!) but Carrot Oil can give you a natural self tan. Because of its regenerative skin qualities it keeps skin soft and smooth but also glowing! It boosts your suntan by increasing the production of melanin which is the pigment which determines skin colour.
Tips: Add Carrot Oil to your shower gel before stepping out into the sun.
- AFTER SUN OIL
Did you know that most sun protectors actually contain elements of Carrot Oil? This is because it protects and treats skin to the damaging effects of Ultraviolet Radiation. Because the Organic Skin Oil contains high quantities of carotenoids these work to protect cells from harmful attacks like URV and pollution as well.
Tips: Have a bath after sun exposure and add drops of Carrot Oil to soak the body and create a relaxing aroma.
- DRY HAIR TREATMENT
Carrot Oil is full of nutrients and it is again the Vitamins A and E which are especially effective in strengthening hair and boosting shine. Carrot Oil stimulates hair growth by strengthening hair roots which in turns makes hair softer and shinier. Dry hair is often the result of the sun or pollution and Carrot Oil can act as a permanent protector of the hair and scalp.
Tips: Use carrot oil as a hair mask for 20 minutes or use it as a pre-shampoo.
It seems like a little Carrot Oil goes a long way so whether you’re looking for that anti-ageing therapy, a sun-kissed glow, a natural sun protector or a dry hair treatment Carrot Oil is the only product you need for all!
Find more information about Carrot oil for face
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks