Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top herbs for anxiety
The Christmas period can be a particularly stressful time for many individuals, especially those who are hosting.
There's so much to do and so much to prepare for, meaning that a number of people feel nervous and anxious throughout the whole festive season.
It shouldn't be the case that you are feeling tense for such a long period of time, especially at a time which should be really enjoyable.
Some herbs are known to relieve anxiety. They're completely natural, meaning that you're not at all damaging your body by trying them out.
St. Johns Wort
It is thought that extracts of this herb have an antidepressant effect.
It inhibits the stimulation of serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine - the little hormones that make us happy.
Feeling happy is part of relieving stress, so get yourself smiling this Yuletide.
This herb is great for people whose anxiety is prohibiting them from being able to sleep at night.
Insomnia is often linked with nervousness, as the stress cumulates and stops you from being able to relax.
Specialist Jason Ellis calls it an "alternative to valium" because of its strength - so be wary.
"Bear in mind, Kava Kava will knock you out. It acts as a sedative so don’t take it if you need to stay alert for any duration of time. This is a more powerful alternative if Valerian root isn’t getting rid of your nocturnal anxiety effectively enough," he said.
Owing to lavender's anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties, it can work to balance hormones and stimulate the immune system.
It is also great at helping people get to sleep because of its calming scent.
Try adding the essential oil to your pillow for an anxiety-free sleep.
To have a stress free day, bath time with lavender can also be particularly calming.
Alison Wyndham, director of the Wyndham Centre advises "a lavender bath - this is very relaxing and a good healer for the muscles".
- Wholefood CalmaidAs low as £13.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy