Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top herbs for anxiety
The Christmas period can be a particularly stressful time for many individuals, especially those who are hosting.
There's so much to do and so much to prepare for, meaning that a number of people feel nervous and anxious throughout the whole festive season.
It shouldn't be the case that you are feeling tense for such a long period of time, especially at a time which should be really enjoyable.
Some herbs are known to relieve anxiety. They're completely natural, meaning that you're not at all damaging your body by trying them out.
St. Johns Wort
It is thought that extracts of this herb have an antidepressant effect.
It inhibits the stimulation of serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine - the little hormones that make us happy.
Feeling happy is part of relieving stress, so get yourself smiling this Yuletide.
This herb is great for people whose anxiety is prohibiting them from being able to sleep at night.
Insomnia is often linked with nervousness, as the stress cumulates and stops you from being able to relax.
Specialist Jason Ellis calls it an "alternative to valium" because of its strength - so be wary.
"Bear in mind, Kava Kava will knock you out. It acts as a sedative so don’t take it if you need to stay alert for any duration of time. This is a more powerful alternative if Valerian root isn’t getting rid of your nocturnal anxiety effectively enough," he said.
Owing to lavender's anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties, it can work to balance hormones and stimulate the immune system.
It is also great at helping people get to sleep because of its calming scent.
Try adding the essential oil to your pillow for an anxiety-free sleep.
To have a stress free day, bath time with lavender can also be particularly calming.
Alison Wyndham, director of the Wyndham Centre advises "a lavender bath - this is very relaxing and a good healer for the muscles".
- Bringer of Peace Herbal Body Lotion for Sensitive Skin 230ml20% OFFSpecial Price £9.60 Regular Price £12.00
- Wholefood Calmaid20% OFFAs low as £10.39 Regular Price £13.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)