Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top shea butter products for perfect skin
The key to soft and luxurious skin is to have a good moisturiser, especially heading into the winter when harsh rain and winds can dry out skin.
In most cases, the best moisturisers will contain shea butter, which is renowned for its nourishing properties.
However, just what are the benefits of this ingredient and what products should you be using to get the skin of your dreams?
What does Shea Butter do?
Shea butter comes from the African karite tree and is incredibly versatile. It is commonly used for dry, sensitive, cracked and sore skin, but it also has anti-inflammatory properties that make it ideal for sun burn, itchiness, bites and rashes.
The key to shea butter’s brilliance is its natural vitamin richness, which repairs skin and gives it a moisturising boost.
Top products for dazzling skin
Organic Virgin Shea Butter (Unrefined) 250g
If you’re going to try out shea butter you might as well dive straight in and use it in its unrefined form.
This is replenishing and creamy, boasting Oleic, Stearic and Linoleic acids that help to keep skin beautiful. Rich in vitamins A, E, and F, it can protect the skin from harmful UV rays and can be used as part of an anti-ageing regime.
A4 cell rejuvenator Body Cream
If you want to fight the ravages of time, this cream is perfect. In addition to shea butter, it contains argan oil, which also boasts lots of vitamin A and E. It must be applied daily all over the body on moist or dry skin. Rub in with wide, circular motions.
Anti-Wrinkle Lip Balm 10 ml
A lot of people forget lips when carrying out their skincare routine but your pout can easily become dry and wrinkled.
Using this balm, which contains shea butter, avocado oils and primrose oil, you can proactively fight signs of ageing and get luscious lips while you’re at it.
Skin Happy Hydrating Set
This set is brilliant for addressing all types of sensitive skin and will ensure your skin is awash with moisture. Each ingredient perfectly complements the benefits of shea butter to ensure you’re looking at your best.
More information about Shea butter benefits
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed60% OFFAs low as £2.40 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks