Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top three tips for healthy hair growth
With the weather showing no signs of improvement, all the rain, cold, wind and snow can certainly begin to take its toll on our hair.
Not only does dry hair look unkempt and feel pretty unmanageable, it can also prohibit hair growth.
Indeed, frazzled hair rife with split ends is less likely to grow and turn into long healthy locks.
In order to avoid dry, damaged and frizzy winter hair, there are certain things that you can do, which in turn encourages healthy hair growth and fill tresses.
Hair isn't all about what you put on it, it's about what you put inside yourself too.
"Just like every other part of your body, the cells and processes that support strong, vibrant hair depend on a balanced diet," says New York nutritionist Lisa Drayer, MA, RD, author of The Beauty Diet.
According to Ms Drayer, the more nutrients and vitamins you put in your body - the better for your hair.
She has warned that the effects of a poor lifestyle may only take their toll on your hair a few months later, so don't think that you've got away with it.
To ensure healthy hair and hair growth, Ms Drayer recommends trying foods rich in protein. Because the hair is made of protein, it is important that foods such as meat, dairy, beans and pulses are incorporated into your diet, to keep hair strong and also longer.
As with everything else in the body, the more water you have, the healthier your hair will be.
Medical professionals advise having around three litres of water a day to stay in tip-top condition.
Because the hair shaft is comprised of one quarter water, it is important that you take on enough water to keep hydrated and grow healthy hair.
Jojoba, Argan and Lavender Oil have been used for hundreds of years to stimulate the hair follicles to grow faster, as well as giving them a thorough nourish.
Rubbing hair oils into the ends of your hair will also help to keep them hydrated, removing signs of damage and winter dryness.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Stimulator Hair Lotion 50ml£15.00
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml25% OFFAs low as £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)