Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Top tips for a healthy diet
A balanced diet is essential for overall health and wellbeing, not to mention a key element in keeping the body trim. However, many people are still unsure what foods they should be eating.
Ensuring you have a good diet is simple, as long as you eat the right things from each food group and use natural supplements to make up for any deficiencies that may occur as a result of intolerances or personal preferences.
Nevertheless, it is essential to keep portion sizes reasonable, as most foods have a negative effect if consumed excessively.
It is important to ensure you have a regular intake of wholemeal flour and bread, oats, high-fibre breakfast cereals, and whole grain rice and pasta. These foods are important for digestive health and are also ideal for boosting energy.
However, you must remember that high fibre foods can be fattening, so eat them in moderation.
Fruits, vegetables and nuts
The main stay of any plan for healthy living is lots of fruits, vegetables and nuts. They are essential for energy and the body's immune system and metabolism. Dried beans, lentils and baked potatoes are also part of this vital category of foods.
Fish is a great source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, especially oily fish. Omega-3 is a great boost for metabolisms, which must be in working order if you want to lose a few extra pounds here and there.
Meat has lots of benefits and red meat is particularly helpful for those with iron deficiencies. However, it isn't advisable to eat this too regularly. White meats are healthier on a daily basis.
Dairy foods can have a high fat content if consumed excessively, but they are part of a balanced diet. A key source of calcium, dairy foods, such as milk, yoghurt and cheese, will help to keep teeth and bones healthy. To limit the impact of dairy on your waistline, always opt for low-fat options when possible.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy