Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Turmeric C3 with BioPerine
By Ernesta Stripeikaite
Why it is important to take turmeric with black pepper
The main issue with turmeric
Turmeric and especially the active curcuminoids have received a lot of public attention recently for their many health benefits. Research papers keep showing that turmeric has incredible antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects that can help reduce the risk of many chronic illnesses and improve wellbeing.
The main difficulty when supplementing with turmeric has been its low bioavailability. The active components get metabolised quickly by the liver and very insignificant amounts reach the blood. However, this issue can be resolved by adding black pepper extract to turmeric.
How black pepper can help
Black pepper extract BioPerine, used in our new innovative turmeric curcumin supplement, is the only product sourced out of piperine to obtain a patented status for its ability to increase the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. Moreover, it is the only scientifically proven safe and effective black pepper extract.
Studies have shown that BioPerine increases the bioavailability of curcumin significantly, as displayed in the graph below. As you can see, a significantly higher amount of curcumin is found in the blood when BioPerine is added, compared to the curcumin alone.
• There are three possible mechanisms for BioPerine’s action. It promotes the absorption of curcumin by:
• increasing blood flow to the gastrointestinal tract, where the absorption happens
• increasing emulsifying content of the gut to improve the solubility of the compounds
• increasing active nutrient transport across the intestinal walls and in the blood.
Synergy in whole foods
Additionally, besides the main curcuminoids, turmeric contains many other known and unknown phytochemicals, which all work in synergy, assisting the effectiveness and absorption of each other. With this in mind we have added pure turmeric powder to the supplement to further enhance the healing qualities of the supplement.
The bigger picture
To help your body heal and maintain health, make sure to also get plenty of nutrients from your food. Focus on wholesome single ingredient foods, source local, organic and seasonal produce whenever possible. Grass-fed meat and dairy and wild-caught fish are far superior to the conventional varieties and will provide you with anti-inflammatory compounds. Also do not forget to include movement daily, whether it be walking, dancing, yoga, running, gym workouts or any other sport you enjoy. Not only will your body appreciate this, but also your mind. And finally, mindfulness practice is the icing on the (healthy) cake as the outlook towards life has been shown to also affect your physiology.
- Turmeric Organic Tincture 100ml25% OFFAs low as £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)