Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Turmeric C3 with BioPerine
By Ernesta Stripeikaite
Why it is important to take turmeric with black pepper
The main issue with turmeric
Turmeric and especially the active curcuminoids have received a lot of public attention recently for their many health benefits. Research papers keep showing that turmeric has incredible antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects that can help reduce the risk of many chronic illnesses and improve wellbeing.
The main difficulty when supplementing with turmeric has been its low bioavailability. The active components get metabolised quickly by the liver and very insignificant amounts reach the blood. However, this issue can be resolved by adding black pepper extract to turmeric.
How black pepper can help
Black pepper extract BioPerine, used in our new innovative turmeric curcumin supplement, is the only product sourced out of piperine to obtain a patented status for its ability to increase the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. Moreover, it is the only scientifically proven safe and effective black pepper extract.
Studies have shown that BioPerine increases the bioavailability of curcumin significantly, as displayed in the graph below. As you can see, a significantly higher amount of curcumin is found in the blood when BioPerine is added, compared to the curcumin alone.
• There are three possible mechanisms for BioPerine’s action. It promotes the absorption of curcumin by:
• increasing blood flow to the gastrointestinal tract, where the absorption happens
• increasing emulsifying content of the gut to improve the solubility of the compounds
• increasing active nutrient transport across the intestinal walls and in the blood.
Synergy in whole foods
Additionally, besides the main curcuminoids, turmeric contains many other known and unknown phytochemicals, which all work in synergy, assisting the effectiveness and absorption of each other. With this in mind we have added pure turmeric powder to the supplement to further enhance the healing qualities of the supplement.
The bigger picture
To help your body heal and maintain health, make sure to also get plenty of nutrients from your food. Focus on wholesome single ingredient foods, source local, organic and seasonal produce whenever possible. Grass-fed meat and dairy and wild-caught fish are far superior to the conventional varieties and will provide you with anti-inflammatory compounds. Also do not forget to include movement daily, whether it be walking, dancing, yoga, running, gym workouts or any other sport you enjoy. Not only will your body appreciate this, but also your mind. And finally, mindfulness practice is the icing on the (healthy) cake as the outlook towards life has been shown to also affect your physiology.
- Turmeric Organic Tincture 100mlAs low as £16.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy