Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Turmeric for Health Benefits
Turmeric has been used in India for over 2500 years and its medicinal properties and health benefits have always been renowned in the sub continent. Now in the West, Turmeric’s medicinal properties are slowly revealing themselves as research continues on this potent spice.
Long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, recent research has revealed that turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in the treatments of many different health conditions. The active constituent in Turmeric is Curcumin, which is said to be the main active behind the many health benefits (Find out here more information about Turmeric Curcumin in Fushi)
Some of the top 5 health benefits of Turmeric include:-
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and is known to relieve the pain associated with arthritis by reducing inflammation in the joints. Studies on turmeric and arthritis show that the inflammatory properties of curcumin (the active ingredient) helps to relieve the pains and stiffness associated with the disease.
Anti septic and anti bacterial
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, also useful for treating cuts and sprains, but internally known to be effective for treating bronchitis and cough.
The digestive system also benefits from Turmeric; some of the therapeutic uses of Turmeric include digestion, food poisoning, gallstones, indigestion, IBS and parasites. It helps to reduce problems with excess stomach acid and it protects the stomach lining by stimulating mucus production.
Very rich in antioxidants, Turmeric providesÿ potent anti aging and disease fighting antioxidants to fight the free radicals that cause aging and disease in the body.A strong antioxidant, Turmeric is rich with a substance believed to protect body cells from damage caused by oxidation. In addition to their anticancer effects, antioxidants in Turmeric protect the brain, kidneys, and liver from damage by alcohol, heavy metals, chemicals and other similar pollutants. This is the reason this amazing spice has been included in Fushi’s Youth Totale, a food supplement packed with anti oxidant super foods including Turmeric.
Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier.Pollutants, poor diet, allergens can sometimes result in the liver becoming congested and sluggish.Turmeric helps increase bile flow making it a liver cleanser that could rejuvenate the liver cells and recharges their capability to break down toxins.Anti cancer
Turmeric is also thought to be effective against cancers such as colon cancer and recent research is revealing it may have some effect on Alzheimer?s disease, but research is still ongoing.. So with all these great health benefits, why not include Turmeric in your diet, or supplement your diet with this spice by taking it as a Turmeric Tincture or a food supplement.
- Turmeric Organic Tincture 100ml30% OFFAs low as £11.20 Regular Price £16.00
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello. Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi, if I'm on hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone), can I also take this for menopause symptoms, stress, and brain fog issues associated with menopause?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage