Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Turmeric for Health Benefits
Turmeric has been used in India for over 2500 years and its medicinal properties and health benefits have always been renowned in the sub continent. Now in the West, Turmeric’s medicinal properties are slowly revealing themselves as research continues on this potent spice.
Long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, recent research has revealed that turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in the treatments of many different health conditions. The active constituent in Turmeric is Curcumin, which is said to be the main active behind the many health benefits (Find out here more information about Turmeric Curcumin in Fushi)
Some of the top 5 health benefits of Turmeric include:-
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and is known to relieve the pain associated with arthritis by reducing inflammation in the joints. Studies on turmeric and arthritis show that the inflammatory properties of curcumin (the active ingredient) helps to relieve the pains and stiffness associated with the disease.
Anti septic and anti bacterial
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, also useful for treating cuts and sprains, but internally known to be effective for treating bronchitis and cough.
The digestive system also benefits from Turmeric; some of the therapeutic uses of Turmeric include digestion, food poisoning, gallstones, indigestion, IBS and parasites. It helps to reduce problems with excess stomach acid and it protects the stomach lining by stimulating mucus production.
Very rich in antioxidants, Turmeric providesÿ potent anti aging and disease fighting antioxidants to fight the free radicals that cause aging and disease in the body.A strong antioxidant, Turmeric is rich with a substance believed to protect body cells from damage caused by oxidation. In addition to their anticancer effects, antioxidants in Turmeric protect the brain, kidneys, and liver from damage by alcohol, heavy metals, chemicals and other similar pollutants. This is the reason this amazing spice has been included in Fushi’s Youth Totale, a food supplement packed with anti oxidant super foods including Turmeric.
Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier.Pollutants, poor diet, allergens can sometimes result in the liver becoming congested and sluggish.Turmeric helps increase bile flow making it a liver cleanser that could rejuvenate the liver cells and recharges their capability to break down toxins.Anti cancer
Turmeric is also thought to be effective against cancers such as colon cancer and recent research is revealing it may have some effect on Alzheimer?s disease, but research is still ongoing.. So with all these great health benefits, why not include Turmeric in your diet, or supplement your diet with this spice by taking it as a Turmeric Tincture or a food supplement.
- Turmeric Organic Tincture 100mlAs low as £16.00
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?