Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Turmeric for Health Benefits
Turmeric has been used in India for over 2500 years and its medicinal properties and health benefits have always been renowned in the sub continent. Now in the West, Turmeric’s medicinal properties are slowly revealing themselves as research continues on this potent spice.
Long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, recent research has revealed that turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in the treatments of many different health conditions. The active constituent in Turmeric is Curcumin, which is said to be the main active behind the many health benefits (Find out here more information about Turmeric Curcumin in Fushi)
Some of the top 5 health benefits of Turmeric include:-
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and is known to relieve the pain associated with arthritis by reducing inflammation in the joints. Studies on turmeric and arthritis show that the inflammatory properties of curcumin (the active ingredient) helps to relieve the pains and stiffness associated with the disease.
Anti septic and anti bacterial
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, also useful for treating cuts and sprains, but internally known to be effective for treating bronchitis and cough.
The digestive system also benefits from Turmeric; some of the therapeutic uses of Turmeric include digestion, food poisoning, gallstones, indigestion, IBS and parasites. It helps to reduce problems with excess stomach acid and it protects the stomach lining by stimulating mucus production.
Very rich in antioxidants, Turmeric providesÿ potent anti aging and disease fighting antioxidants to fight the free radicals that cause aging and disease in the body.A strong antioxidant, Turmeric is rich with a substance believed to protect body cells from damage caused by oxidation. In addition to their anticancer effects, antioxidants in Turmeric protect the brain, kidneys, and liver from damage by alcohol, heavy metals, chemicals and other similar pollutants. This is the reason this amazing spice has been included in Fushi’s Youth Totale, a food supplement packed with anti oxidant super foods including Turmeric.
Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier.Pollutants, poor diet, allergens can sometimes result in the liver becoming congested and sluggish.Turmeric helps increase bile flow making it a liver cleanser that could rejuvenate the liver cells and recharges their capability to break down toxins.Anti cancer
Turmeric is also thought to be effective against cancers such as colon cancer and recent research is revealing it may have some effect on Alzheimer?s disease, but research is still ongoing.. So with all these great health benefits, why not include Turmeric in your diet, or supplement your diet with this spice by taking it as a Turmeric Tincture or a food supplement.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks