Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Use Rose Petal Oil for glowing skin
Roses have been a symbol of love and beauty throughout the ages, and have been found everywhere from Egyptian tombs to the banner of the Tudors. Indeed, it is thought that ancient Egyptian queen Cleopatra - famous for her ahead-of-her-time beauty secrets - doused herself in rose petal oil to improve her skin.
However, the beneficial uses of roses are not merely a thing of the past. To this day, Rose Petal Oil is a popular option among those who want to enhance their beauty, as it is known to leave the user with glowing skin. What’s more, it also boasts a beautiful, sweet scent, making for a sensual experience that the user can look forward to.
Rose Petal Oil is known to have fantastic effects on the skin thanks to its moisturising, hydrating properties.
It boasts soothing, anti-inflammatory effects, meaning it is not just limited to people with perfect skin. In fact, it is fantastic at soothing irritated and sensitive skin.
Rose Petal Oil is commonly used by people who experience skin redness and inflammation, and can even be used to help fix broken capillaries.
It is thought the farsenol contained in the oil has a positive effect on circulation - and it is this that helps to reduce the pressure in broken capillaries. It is in this way that Rose Petal Oil evens skin colour and creates that gorgeous English rose look.
What’s more the super-hydrating substance is a particularly good moisturiser for older skin and particularly dry complexions. The oil also creates a sheen on the skin, helping it to retain moisture.
Rose is also known to help soften and add glow to the skin, and its stunning scent makes skin feel warm and sensuous.
The rose petals in Rose Petal Oil are infused with organic Sweet Almond oil, which helps to deliver the benefits of the rose flower to the skin. This is recommended for moisturising and soothing the skin.
It is thought the impressive effects of rose oil on the skin can be attributed to the citral it contains, as this helps the body to manufacture vitamin A.
As well as being used on the skin, Rose Petal Oil can also be used for aromatherapy purposes. It is often used to relieve stress, reduce irritability, and it is also believed to have depression-fighting properties.
In fact, it has long been thought that roses contain profound healing properties on both a physical and psychological level.
The history of roses in beauty
Roses have been highly valued for their beauty and perfume for centuries, but they have also been used in healing, featuring in the traditional medicines of China, India, Assyria, Egypt, Greece and Rome, to cure a wide range of medical conditions.
However, rose water was used long before rose oil came into being. This can be traced back as far as 1200 BC to the Mycenaean city of Pilos, where it was traded commercially.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks