Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Vegan Omega Oil and Vegan Biotic Balance
Written by Jade Ellis
Fushi’s Vegan Omega oil
Fushi’s Vegan Omega Totale organic virgin oil is a unique blend of essential fatty acids, which our bodies need to thrive.This vegan omega oil is an ethical and sustainable product; and a perfect source of essential fatty acids for vegans and vegetarians.
Vegans and Omega 3s – why do you need them?
It is often a question people ask themselves; to supplement or not? In an ideal world, no one would need to supplement, and all of our nutritional needs would be met through nutrient dense foods we are consuming; with all of the essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients our bodies need to thrive. However, in our current daily lives we are exposed to different types of stressors, environmental toxins, processed, low nutrient food and depleted soil. And of course we are all unique, which means we should all be in need of varying levels of supplementation.
It is often a concern that vegans do not reach their nutritional needs. However, if you are nutritionally aware, and also manage to supplement what you know you may be deficient in,you can have an extremely healthy diet with everything your body needs.
For a vegan, vegetarian or anyone on a plant based diet, it is important to make sure you are consuming omega 3 fatty acids, an essential nutrient to health. Primarily known to come from oily fish, omega 3’s are essential to human health as the body cannot make them on their own, which means we have to procure them through our diet. They are a group of
polyunsaturated fats which combat inflammation within the body and keep our eyes, guts,
joints, brains and hearts healthy.
Omega 3’s are crucial for development and growth of the brain infants and are well known in
their ability to support cognitive function. Fushi’s vegan omega oil blend is packed full of the important omegas that our body and brains need to function at their optimum level.
What Omega rich oils are included in this Vegan blend?
Fushi’s Vegan Omega oil is an innovative blend consisting of a mixture of nine nutrient-rich oils; Fig oil, Poppy seed oil, Pumpkin seed oil, Algae oil, Pomegranate oil, Sea Buckthorn oil, Flaxseed oil, Hemp seed oil and Avocado oil. This new vegan blend is rich in Omega 3’s which creates the perfect source of essential fatty acids.
There are excellent dietary vegan sources of omega 3’s consisting of nuts and seeds, such as chia and flaxseeds. However, the body may not be converting these fats to active forms called DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) which are the ones utilised by the body. Fushi’s vegan omega oil contains all three DHA, EPA and ALA (alpha linoleic acid).
The lo-down on DHA and EPA Vegan sources!
Algae oil contains DHA, a fatty acid in Omega 3, which accounts for 97 percent of the Omega 3 fats in the brain. This oil is a vegan form of DHA that does not come from fish, and is a sustainable alternative. By combining the DHA-rich algae with ALA (alpha linoleic acid) rich plant sources, the body converts into EPA to get the proper ratio of omega- 3 fatty acids. Various studies suggest that most people convert less than 10-20% of the ALA they eat into EPA or DHA. This is why it is so important to supplement all three of the omegas, to make sure you are converting properly and receiving a full spectrum of the incredible nutrients!
EPA and DHA are known to support joint, heart and eye health, as well as being important in infant brain development. ALA is known for the supporting cholesterol levels and maintaining a healthy blood pressure.
The Vegan Omega’s environmental and ethical benefits!
The environmental and ethical benefits of consuming plant based Omegas include having a sustainable and environmentally friendly source, as opposed to contributing to fish farming and taking fish from the oceans for our consumption. This vegan omega oil is an excellent source of Omega 3’s for anyone wanting to consume ethically and avoid animal based fish oils.
Oily fish are known for their high level of Omega 3’s, however plant based sources are thought to be more efficiently metabolised than previously thought, and can be more beneficial than the long chain Omega 3 found in fish!
Nutrient dense Vegan Omega oil
The amazing factor about this oil is that it contains the full range – omegas 3,5,6,7,9 and contains an amazing amount of nutrients such as Magnesium, Calcium and Vitamins C, E, K and B6. The rare Omega 5 and Punicic Acid in this innovative blend is derived from Pomegranate. Pomegranate oil, which one of the most potent antioxidants, a natural phytoestrogen. Pomegranate oil is the only seed in the world containing this extremely beneficial fatty acid.
Our Hemp and Flaxseed oil are derived from an English source and are packed under nitrogen, which enables the oils to avoid oxidation, and to keep a lovely nutty fresh taste. In designing this omega oil and choosing the spectrum of different oils, one of our top priorities was the taste of the oil. An oil should be enjoyable to consume and we have made sure this oil is a joy to drizzle on salads, mix into smoothies, or take by the teaspoon! This is a perfect omega blend oil for vegans for anyone wanting to try plant based source of omega 3, as well as 5,6, 7 and 9! This vegan omega oil is also a wonderful choice for those wanting to supplement in a sustainable and ethical way.
Fushi’s Vegan-Biotic complex contains a blend of friendly bacteria, with the aim to support your gut function and the absorption of nutrients within it. This new vegan food supplement is an innovative formulation with a specially selected multi strain blend,
containing 10 billion cfu per dose!
So…Why are Probiotics good for the Gut?
Probiotics are the bacteria that line your gut and support absorption of nutrients and fighting infection. They are essentially live bacteria and yeasts which are thought to restore the natural bacteria in your gut, and are often touted as ‘good’ or ‘friendly’ bacteria.
Probiotics have been in our systems from birth; the baby being in the birth canal being exposed to the mother’s good bacteria, starts a chain of events inside the baby’s GI tract, and it starts to produce good bacteria. Today, we have a bigger need due to refrigeration and high sanitation, which can destroy the bad bacteria but also the good! This is similar to the work of antibiotics, which have the same effect on bacteria, which is why today probiotics are of such high need. You may just want to give your gut bacteria a good boost!
The Gut and our Microbiome!
Our digestive tracts are so critical to good health due to the fact that 80% of your digestive tract is located in your immune system! Additionally, our digestive systems are the second largest part of our neurological system, our enteric system, which is located in the gut. Recently some have named our gut a second brain due to the significant impact on our brain function. The guts microbiome is responsible for making 95% of the serotonin, which has a very big impact on mood and brain function!
Fushi’s biotic is perfect for vegans wanting to maintain and restore the balance of intestinal flora, and to choose a supplement which is ethical and devoid of any animal based ingredients. This vegan food supplement can act to promote intestinal comfort, and improve digestive health, which provides plant based boost for the system. Due to this there is a possible improvement which takes place in the immune system, due to the body being inexplicably linked.
Vegan-biotic plant based sources!
Fushi’s vegan biotic delivers 10 billion cfu per 3 tablet dose, which are viable strains of bacteria. The bacteria in this new, custom Total Biotic blend contains key beneficial strains which are usually found in our favourite fermented foods, such as Kerfir, Sauerkraut and Kombucca. Fermented foods are excellent sources of probiotics, however, not everyone one has the time to be able to eat these foods throughout the course of their day. This is one of the reasons that supplementing with a probiotic is so useful and beneficial for our health.
What helps the absorption of this vegan food supplement?
Additionally, added to this vegan food supplement is Vitamin C, which can help to maintain the normal metabolism of energy from food and help maintain the normal function of the immune system. The vegan-biotic also contains FOS, which is a soluble fibre to help with the growth of beneficial bacteria. Fushi’s vegan-biotic complex is a new vegan food supplement
which is contains an innovative blend of friendly bacteria to support our digestive, immune and nervous systems!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks