Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Vegetarian Buddha Bowls for Summer BBQ’s
Health & Wellbeing Writer
Creamy Tahini and Chickpea Buddha Bowl
1 handful kale
¼ of a whole broccoli
1 cup brown rice
1 sweet potato
1 cup tinned chickpeas
3 teaspoons tahini
Squeeze of lemon
½ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon maple syrup
Salt and pepper
- 1.) Wash the sweet potato, then chop into small pieces, place on a baking tray, and drizzle with coconut oil. Bake at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until well cooked. (keep the skin on the sweet potatoes for extra fibre and nutrients!)
- 2.) While the sweet potato is in the oven, boil and drain the rice, and steam the kale and broccoli.
- 3.) In a bowl, mix the maple syrup and paprika, then add the drained chickpeas and mix to coat them. Next, lay them on a baking tray and add to the oven for 10 minutes.
- 4.) Once all ingredients are cooked, assemble in a bowl, with the rice forming the base.
- 5.) Whisk together the tahini, lemon, and salt and pepper to taste. Add water or coconut oil to thin into a dressing consistency.
- 6.) Pour the tahini dressing over the bowl, serve, and enjoy!
Green Superfood Buddha Bowl
1 cup quinoa
½ cup tinned broad beans
1 handful tender stem broccoli
3 handfuls baby spinach
1 handful fresh mint
1 handful pumpkin seeds
Salt and pepper
- 1.) Slice the courgettes into thick slices, place on a baking tray, and drizzle with avocado oil, and salt and pepper. Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- 2.) Cook and drain the quinoa, and steam the broccoli.
- 3.) Baby spinach can be wilted, or left raw depending on your taste.
- 4.) Halve the avocado. With one half, slice into long thin slices. In a bowl, mash the other half and set aside.
- 5.) Use a blender or food processor to blend the mint leaves, or chop very finely. Mix this in with the mashed avocado, a drizzle of avocado oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6.) Remove the courgettes from the oven. Use the quinoa as a base, and assemble the remaining ingredients around. Serve with a generous spoonful of the avocado-mint dressing and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.