Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Vitamin E oil for scars. All the information you need to know
Article written by Jade Ellis
Are you curious if you can use Vitamin E oil for scars? We are going to reveal the unexpected secrets of one of the most effective oils for your skin! First we are going to take a look at the benefits of Vitamin E oil and then more in depth at the incredible benefits for scars.
Vitamin E oil is important for:
- This oil can help to lift and smooth rough skin by lubricating cell membranes and encouraging skin renewal.
- Vitamin E oil is a great antioxidant; it helps to reduce environmental harm to your hair. It can also promote movement to the scalp.
- Vitamin E skin oil works to block free radicals from the body, which play a big part in the aging process.
- This oil can help decrease inflammation in the skin and can develop moisture and elasticity.
1. Vitamin E oil for scars
Your skin is actually the largest organ of the body! It is used for our protection, the sense of touch, being able to balance homeostasis within the body, and the incredible way that it can actually keep resorting itself. The skins ability to regenerate means it is so important to provide it with the right vitamins and minerals it needs.
Vitamin E is an integral antioxidant for the skin which can help in regenerating the hydration, smoothness and surface. This oil can really aid in protecting any free radical damage to the skin. Just think of Vitamin E as a further way to protect and repair the skin!
This oil can work wonders for scars and healing the skin. This is a double concentrate oil which is ideal for intensive skin healing!
2.The benefits of using Natural Vitamin E oil for scars
Here are some benefits of Vitamin E oil which are very important. It is for these reasons that they can help reduce marks and scars, and prevent oxidative damage of the skin!
Hydration and Moisture for scars
Vitamin E oil is very beneficial for your skin and in the healing of scars. It is due to the incredible hydrating and moisturising qualities that this nourishing oil can help in tissue repair of the skin. This means your skin will be kept in great condition.
Vitamin E oil for scars – Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant oil
Vitamin E is an antioxidant which means it can prevent oxidation and any damaging effects to the skin. This oil can provide protection due to this ability and also its anti-inflammatory properties. This will help your skin hold on to moisture by making the skin’s barrier firmer. This oil will seep into the barrier which aids in lessening trans-epidermal water loss which can act to slow down the aging process.
Boost Collagen production for scars
Vitamin E can aid in boosting connective tissue, Collagen, which can provide and maintain the skins elasticity. Collagen is crucial to having soft skin, and is responsive for a protein which can work to slow down the aging process, such as wrinkles, keeping the skin more youthful looking. Collagen makes your skin stronger and with more elasticity; and using Vitamin E will give the collagen in your skin a major boost!
Vitamin E oil and its intense healing for scars
Vitamin E is an oil which can provide intense healing for the skin if applied frequently. This oil is great for a number of skin issues, like stretch marks, blemishes and scars. Vitamin E oil can provide very deep moisturisation for the skin and is ideal for massaging into the face. The great thing about Vitamin E oil is that it is non-greasy, so it will absorb into the skin very quickly. You can also add this oil to your own moisturiser, serum to take the full effect of its incredible qualities.
3. Why is it important that Vitamin E oil is 100% Natural?
The best quality Vitamin E oil is pure, organic and plant derived. To help scars and marks on the skin, the oil must be sourced from natural sources and made without using any synthetic ingredients.
The best quality Vitamin E oil ideally should be composed of organic ingredients which are derived from non-genetically modified olive oil and soya beans. It is important to be able to distinguish between the synthetic and natural forms, and choose one which is devoid of any ingredients. This will be the best and most natural option for your skin!
- Synthetic Vitamin E and why it will not work for your skin
Synthetic sources are commonly used as they have a longer shelf life and they are much cheaper. They are very widely used, however are much less effective. They will have little to no benefit on your skin. Additionally, synthetic Vitamin E can actually react with sunlight and the chemicals which are in other skincare products, and this can lead to unsafe compounds for your skin.
4. Plant based Vitamin E oil for scars – How this oil be used?
We are going to show you a step by step plan of how to use Vitamin E oil on the face!
Step 1 – Firstly, you should cleanse the skin and make sure you have a clean, smooth surface to work with.
Step 2 – Slightly dampen the skin. This is best for deep moisturisation of the skin.
Step 3 – Apply a few drops of Vitamin E oil on the damp skin.
Step 4 – Massage the face and neck until the Vitamin E oil is rubbed in. If you are applying on a scar, gently massage over the area.
Step 5 – Continue to massage until the oil is absorbed. This oil is non-greasy so will absorb into the skin quickly.
You can also add Vitamin E oil to moisturisers, serum and make up to take effect of its lovely qualities.
5. How should I apply the Vitamin E oil to my scar?
Step 1 - Vitamin E oil is not anti-bacterial so you need to clean the scar or area very carefully.
Step 2 - You can apply the Vitamin E oil directly to the scar, and smooth across carefully.
Step 3 - Massage the scar slowly in circular motions, for 15-30 seconds. You can do this two times a day or more depending on your scars size.
It is important to be aware of the following tips for scars:
- Do not apply the oil on an un-healed or open scar/ wound.
- Do not expose new scars to the sun (this can slow the healing process).
- After the wound heals, apply sunscreen when you go outside. This may reduce discolouration and help the scar fade quicker.
- Massage the scar but only once the scar is completely healed. Massaging helps to break down the dense bands of collagen that attach the underlying tissue. Aim for massaging 2 times a day in a circular motion for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Avoid pressure on the scar, and allow them to heal naturally.
6. Does Vitamin E oil for scars really work?
There are opinions for and against this topic. Vitamin E oil has been used for a large range reasons for skin uses, since the detection that Vitamin E is a lipid soluble antioxidant in the skin.There have been studies that have been argued for and against.
There is a study in the Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgery – A prospective study in children: Pre – and post- surgery use of Vitamin E in surgical incisions. This was a controlled study aimed at determining effects of topical Vitamin E application on cosmetic results in children.
In group one, Vitamin E was applied topically on the scar at least 15 days before the surgery (3 times a day) and at least 30 days after (2 times a day). The second group received a topical petroleum based ointment.
- The results of the study on vitamin E oil for scars
The results found that no patients in group one developed scars, and 96% of patients (or parents) found the outcome cosmetic results very positive. In group 2 only 78% of patients considered the cosmetic results positive, and 13 patients developed scars after 6 months.
Overall this study looks at the possible benefits that the incredible Vitamin E oil can have on marks and scars on the skin. This research demonstrates that Vitamin E oil can provide positive results for scars, and that this oil can really make a difference to your scar.
However, there are some studies which do have a divided opinion, and the results have varied. We are all different and have unique skin types, so this oil is of course going affect or disaffect people in different ways.
More information about Vitamin E oil for face benefits
7. Can you use Vitamin E oil on all types of scars?
Acne occurs when the hair follicle gets plugged with oil, if your body produces it in excess. Once this occurs, the skin can become inflamed and red, and the bacteria can enter casing the spots. This excess sebum production is down to hormones.
Vitamin E oil has been known to be beneficial for acne scars. This oil can benefit scars by regulating skin proteins, neutralizing free radicals, encourage tissue repair, and lighten dark spots.
Only mild burns can be treated at home with Vitamin E oil. Serious or large burns need to be treated and seen by a medical professional.
For treating a burn with Vitamin E oil at home, you can should wait until the skin is healed before applying the oil. You can apply two to three times a day (depending on the size and severity of the burn).
Vitamin E can help burn scars, as it is an oil which can help to regenerate the skin which can prevent scarring. This promotes healing of the skin, and collagen production. This oil also supports the healing of the damaged skin cells, and can combat any redness and inflammation of the skin.
8. Are there any other oils effective for scars?
- Wheatgerm oil is known for its incredibly high Vitamin E content, as well as being rich in Essential fatty acids, and its anti-inflammatory properties. This oil is ideal for dry and cracked skin, Eczema, Stretch marks, dull complexion, scars and sun burns.
- Black Cumin seed oil is a wonderful oil which can help to improve the condition of the skin. Other than having so many internal health benefits, when used externally, it is believed to be able to benefit skin conditions such as acne and various forms of eczema.
- Which remedies are not effective for scars?
The use of Vitamin E oil on scars is a heavily debated subject. Some believe it helps, whereas others do not. There are other remedies which are said to be effective for scars, but are seen by some people as wasting money.
All skin is different and unique and it is important to remember not all scars are the same. There are of course certain skin types which do scar worse than others.
We like to go back to the science of Vitamin E. This oil is an antioxidant, can aid in skin re-generation and are known to combat free radicals. Vitamin E oil is a natural skin remedy which is not going to work in the same way for everyone, as all skin responds in different ways. However, this oil has been known to aid in tissue repair, skin regeneration and will be a lovely addition to your skin care routine! Find here more information about Vitamin E oil for skin and hair.
So…have you tried Vitamin E oil for scars before? Did you know of all of the positive benefits that we have explained in detail above? Please feel free to share your opinion of Vitamin E oil here, and help others interested in this oil for their own scars. Thank you for reading and we would love your opinion below!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks