Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Vitamins for hair
Everyone wants beautiful hair, while some of us are blessed with beautiful tresses; some of us have to work harder at it. You can eat well and ensure you are helping your hair as much as possible.
For those times when you need a hand to meet your nutritional needs, make sure your hair supplements contain the following vitamins for hair.
Vitamins for healthy hair include:
- Vitamin A
- B vitamins
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin E
Vitamin E fights the free radicals that damage our cells and cause our body to age. So vitamin E could be a key element in preventing greying hair and hair loss too.
Vitamin A, a deficiency of Vitamin A will cause dry hair and rough skin. This vitamin cannot be stored, and should be replenished in the body on a daily basis through diet or supplements. Always be sure to take only the RDA and not exceed that.
Biotin is believed be a vitamin for hair growth, and a preventative to excessive hair loss. It appears to metabolise fatty acids. Fatty acids are a valuable growth factor in numerous processes in the body including the hair. Biotin is also seen as an aid in preventing hair turning grey. It is a member of the B vitamin group.
Inositol is also a member of the B vitamin group and is known specifically to beneficial for hair growth. This hair vitamin is a white knight of sorts to the hair follicles, protecting them from cellular damage. Deficiencies of inositol have been associated with hair loss.
Folic Acid is a water soluble B vitamin and is believed to help in maintaining healthy hair, skin and nails.
Silica is essential for healthy hair, although not a vitamin; it is a mineral important in tissue maintenance. Silica activates the enzymes that produce collagen, elastin for healthy skin, beautiful hair and strong nails. Horsetail extract is a herb that is naturally rich in Silica.
All of these ingredients have been included in our formulation for hair and skin, Beauty Totale. Free from fillers, nasties, bulking and binding agents that most mainstream supplements contains, our capsules contain the nutrients and nothing else and are vegetarian friendly
- Stimulator Hair Lotion 50ml£15.00
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.