Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Ways to tackle wrinkles
The key to staying young is keeping two types of protein in our skin: collagen and elastin.
These keep our skin elasticised and smooth - giving them the title of sworn fighters of the wrinkle.
A good diet
No foods actually have collagen in them (it's something that our body produces), but there are some foods that we can eat that promote collagen production.
Protein rich foods are thought to be great at this - things like egg whites especially.
"You may need to go beyond the RDA protein level of 46 grams (for adult women) and 56 grams (for adult men) to achieve this goal. You may also need to include a variety of foods that provide protein. Nuts, seeds, and legumes would all be food categories to consider," The George Mateljan Foundation, a whole foods charity has asserted.
Drinking lots of water and eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables are also wrinkle-free essentials.
Having a vitamin-rich moisturiser
Many moisturisers claim to tackle wrinkles overnight, but the key to long-term success is knowing exactly what you’re putting on your face.
According to health specialists at Live Strong, "vitamin C is essential for production of collagen".
Good old vit-C can be found in foods or in a variety of moisturisers.
We’re not stupid, and yes, you did read correctly - we are advising you to use sunscreen in this weather.
Any little ray of sunshine (they certainly are little) can effect our skin and cause premature aging.
"My number one skincare tip would be sunscreen because most of the ageing that we see in the skin is caused by UV exposure. So, if I were to recommend one skincare product it would definitely be a sunscreen product," advised Sally Penford, education manager for the International Dermal Institute.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?