Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Ways to tackle wrinkles
The key to staying young is keeping two types of protein in our skin: collagen and elastin.
These keep our skin elasticised and smooth - giving them the title of sworn fighters of the wrinkle.
A good diet
No foods actually have collagen in them (it's something that our body produces), but there are some foods that we can eat that promote collagen production.
Protein rich foods are thought to be great at this - things like egg whites especially.
"You may need to go beyond the RDA protein level of 46 grams (for adult women) and 56 grams (for adult men) to achieve this goal. You may also need to include a variety of foods that provide protein. Nuts, seeds, and legumes would all be food categories to consider," The George Mateljan Foundation, a whole foods charity has asserted.
Drinking lots of water and eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables are also wrinkle-free essentials.
Having a vitamin-rich moisturiser
Many moisturisers claim to tackle wrinkles overnight, but the key to long-term success is knowing exactly what you’re putting on your face.
According to health specialists at Live Strong, "vitamin C is essential for production of collagen".
Good old vit-C can be found in foods or in a variety of moisturisers.
We’re not stupid, and yes, you did read correctly - we are advising you to use sunscreen in this weather.
Any little ray of sunshine (they certainly are little) can effect our skin and cause premature aging.
"My number one skincare tip would be sunscreen because most of the ageing that we see in the skin is caused by UV exposure. So, if I were to recommend one skincare product it would definitely be a sunscreen product," advised Sally Penford, education manager for the International Dermal Institute.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks