Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What are the benefits of flaxseed oil?
Many people take flaxseed oil to help keep them healthy but what exactly are some the benefits of the oil for the body?
What is flaxseed oil?
Flaxseed Oil derives from a blue flowering plant grown on the Western Canadian Prairies and is also known as Linseed Oil. Often used in cooking, it is praised for its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to be integral to the body's health.
Restoring digestive balance
High in dietary fibre, flaxseed oil has a cleansing affect on the digestive system and is recommended for those with conditions like irritable bowel syndrome and diverticular disease.
It works by easing the passing of stools through the intestine and thus relieves constipation. By making stools softer, it is also a good natural supplement for those with haemorrhoids or anal fissures.
What's more, it can keep intestinal pouches free of waste for those with diverticular disease and this will help to prevent infection.
A boost for the skin
Flaxseed oil is full of essential fatty acids, which work with the skin to treat common complaints, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, sunburn and rosacea.
Its anti-inflammatory properties can cool and sooth the skin when irritated. What's more, it thins out oily sebum, which clogs pores and causes spots.
Lignans, an essential fatty acid contained in flaxseed oil, can also protect against some of the affects of ageing on the skin.
In addition to helping skin fight the signs of ageing, lignans are also potent hormone balancing essential fatty acids. This means that they hold benefits for treating an array of symptoms associated with male and female hormones.
Working together with plant estrogens in flaxseed oil, lignans can stabilise the estrogen-progesterone ratio in women. Additionally, it can add balance to the menstrual cycle and relieve the hot flashes associated with the menopause.
It is also thought that flaxseed can help to treat fertility problems by improving uterine function.
In men, essential fatty acids will help to prevent the inflammation of the prostate, keep sperm healthy and improve blood flow to the penis. This can reduce infertility and impotence.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Wholefood Cellufirm Cellulite Supplement 90 caps50% OFFSpecial Price £10.01 Regular Price £20.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks