Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What are the benefits of flaxseed oil?
Many people take flaxseed oil to help keep them healthy but what exactly are some the benefits of the oil for the body?
What is flaxseed oil?
Flaxseed Oil derives from a blue flowering plant grown on the Western Canadian Prairies and is also known as Linseed Oil. Often used in cooking, it is praised for its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to be integral to the body's health.
Restoring digestive balance
High in dietary fibre, flaxseed oil has a cleansing affect on the digestive system and is recommended for those with conditions like irritable bowel syndrome and diverticular disease.
It works by easing the passing of stools through the intestine and thus relieves constipation. By making stools softer, it is also a good natural supplement for those with haemorrhoids or anal fissures.
What's more, it can keep intestinal pouches free of waste for those with diverticular disease and this will help to prevent infection.
A boost for the skin
Flaxseed oil is full of essential fatty acids, which work with the skin to treat common complaints, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, sunburn and rosacea.
Its anti-inflammatory properties can cool and sooth the skin when irritated. What's more, it thins out oily sebum, which clogs pores and causes spots.
Lignans, an essential fatty acid contained in flaxseed oil, can also protect against some of the affects of ageing on the skin.
In addition to helping skin fight the signs of ageing, lignans are also potent hormone balancing essential fatty acids. This means that they hold benefits for treating an array of symptoms associated with male and female hormones.
Working together with plant estrogens in flaxseed oil, lignans can stabilise the estrogen-progesterone ratio in women. Additionally, it can add balance to the menstrual cycle and relieve the hot flashes associated with the menopause.
It is also thought that flaxseed can help to treat fertility problems by improving uterine function.
In men, essential fatty acids will help to prevent the inflammation of the prostate, keep sperm healthy and improve blood flow to the penis. This can reduce infertility and impotence.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Black Cumin Seed Organic Oil Virgin 100ml Fresh-PressedAs low as £16.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Very informative blog. I liked it, as information shared is very detailed One. I really appreciate the effort taken for sharing & making knowledge available for everyone. It’s kind of help for well being of we human beings/ Body&Soul.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?