Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What causes dry skin?
Not drinking enough water causes the skin to become dehydrated. At least 8-10 glasses of water are recommended each day to keep the skin at hydrated and prevent dry skin.
Vitamins good for the skin are A and C. These vitamins help your skin retain available moisture in your system. Common foods including these vitamins are oranges, cantaloupes, bell peppers, carrots, kiwi as well as the greens.
An unhealthy diet will affect your skin and rob it of its moisture. Eat a balanced diet, avoidÿ processed food, alcohol, cigarettes and coffee, all very aging and dehydrating for the skin.ÿ Raw foods (excluding meats) are always best for your entire body, including your skin, since they contain more naturally occurring water. Your diet should be balanced to include vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds, and nuts.
Conditions such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis are also the cause of dry skin. You should consult a doctor if you feel the you may be experiencing one of these skin conditions. Natural ingredients that help are Chickweed, Calendula and Chamomile that have been formulated in our Organic Skin ointments especially for such skin conditions.
The environment: Winter is one of the hardest months on the skin as the lack of humidity (moisture) in the air causes skin to become dry. You have to take extra care to keep the skin hydrated and moisturised during this time. Massaging the skin with a good quality body oil such as the Pure body oilÿ especially after a shower helps to trap the moisture and keep the skin soft.
Sun damage: Spending too much time in the sun, and not replenishing your skin with a good oil or moisturiser afterwards can also lead to excessively dry and sun damaged skin.
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.