Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What causes dry skin?
Not drinking enough water causes the skin to become dehydrated. At least 8-10 glasses of water are recommended each day to keep the skin at hydrated and prevent dry skin.
Vitamins good for the skin are A and C. These vitamins help your skin retain available moisture in your system. Common foods including these vitamins are oranges, cantaloupes, bell peppers, carrots, kiwi as well as the greens.
An unhealthy diet will affect your skin and rob it of its moisture. Eat a balanced diet, avoidÿ processed food, alcohol, cigarettes and coffee, all very aging and dehydrating for the skin.ÿ Raw foods (excluding meats) are always best for your entire body, including your skin, since they contain more naturally occurring water. Your diet should be balanced to include vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds, and nuts.
Conditions such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis are also the cause of dry skin. You should consult a doctor if you feel the you may be experiencing one of these skin conditions. Natural ingredients that help are Chickweed, Calendula and Chamomile that have been formulated in our Organic Skin ointments especially for such skin conditions.
The environment: Winter is one of the hardest months on the skin as the lack of humidity (moisture) in the air causes skin to become dry. You have to take extra care to keep the skin hydrated and moisturised during this time. Massaging the skin with a good quality body oil such as the Pure body oilÿ especially after a shower helps to trap the moisture and keep the skin soft.
Sun damage: Spending too much time in the sun, and not replenishing your skin with a good oil or moisturiser afterwards can also lead to excessively dry and sun damaged skin.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks