Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What causes dry skin?
Not drinking enough water causes the skin to become dehydrated. At least 8-10 glasses of water are recommended each day to keep the skin at hydrated and prevent dry skin.
Vitamins good for the skin are A and C. These vitamins help your skin retain available moisture in your system. Common foods including these vitamins are oranges, cantaloupes, bell peppers, carrots, kiwi as well as the greens.
An unhealthy diet will affect your skin and rob it of its moisture. Eat a balanced diet, avoidÿ processed food, alcohol, cigarettes and coffee, all very aging and dehydrating for the skin.ÿ Raw foods (excluding meats) are always best for your entire body, including your skin, since they contain more naturally occurring water. Your diet should be balanced to include vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds, and nuts.
Conditions such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis are also the cause of dry skin. You should consult a doctor if you feel the you may be experiencing one of these skin conditions. Natural ingredients that help are Chickweed, Calendula and Chamomile that have been formulated in our Organic Skin ointments especially for such skin conditions.
The environment: Winter is one of the hardest months on the skin as the lack of humidity (moisture) in the air causes skin to become dry. You have to take extra care to keep the skin hydrated and moisturised during this time. Massaging the skin with a good quality body oil such as the Pure body oilÿ especially after a shower helps to trap the moisture and keep the skin soft.
Sun damage: Spending too much time in the sun, and not replenishing your skin with a good oil or moisturiser afterwards can also lead to excessively dry and sun damaged skin.
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml25% OFFAs low as £15.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)