Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What causes dry skin?
Not drinking enough water causes the skin to become dehydrated. At least 8-10 glasses of water are recommended each day to keep the skin at hydrated and prevent dry skin.
Vitamins good for the skin are A and C. These vitamins help your skin retain available moisture in your system. Common foods including these vitamins are oranges, cantaloupes, bell peppers, carrots, kiwi as well as the greens.
An unhealthy diet will affect your skin and rob it of its moisture. Eat a balanced diet, avoidÿ processed food, alcohol, cigarettes and coffee, all very aging and dehydrating for the skin.ÿ Raw foods (excluding meats) are always best for your entire body, including your skin, since they contain more naturally occurring water. Your diet should be balanced to include vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds, and nuts.
Conditions such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis are also the cause of dry skin. You should consult a doctor if you feel the you may be experiencing one of these skin conditions. Natural ingredients that help are Chickweed, Calendula and Chamomile that have been formulated in our Organic Skin ointments especially for such skin conditions.
The environment: Winter is one of the hardest months on the skin as the lack of humidity (moisture) in the air causes skin to become dry. You have to take extra care to keep the skin hydrated and moisturised during this time. Massaging the skin with a good quality body oil such as the Pure body oilÿ especially after a shower helps to trap the moisture and keep the skin soft.
Sun damage: Spending too much time in the sun, and not replenishing your skin with a good oil or moisturiser afterwards can also lead to excessively dry and sun damaged skin.
- Vegan Biotic Balance 10bn 90 Caps20% OFFSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £15.00
- Bringer of Peace Herbal Body Lotion for Sensitive Skin 230ml20% OFFSpecial Price £9.60 Regular Price £12.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml20% OFFSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protection20% OFFAs low as £12.79 Regular Price £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)