Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What is Hemp Extract Oil?
Cannabidiol oil is made of a natural extract of the hemp plant. Cannabinoids are the group of active compounds within cannabis that give it the medical and recreational properties.
There are two types of cannabis – the hemp plant and the marijuana plant. They are distinguished from each other by the components ‘of the cannabinoids and ‘THC’. Whilst 'Hemp Extract’ is part of the hemp plant, the marijuana plant is rich in ‘THC’, the psychoactive substance that causes the ‘high’ people often experience and think of when it comes to cannabis.
Industrial hemp only contains trace amounts of ‘THC’, so Hemp Extract oil is safe to take and is now being discussed frequently in the media for its potential to improve various health issues.
Many people are wary of this new term in the wellbeing industry because there’s still confusion surrounding Hemp Extract oil because of its association with medical marijuana.
Hemp Extract oil is now being used for a whole host of health issues such as pain relief, reducing inflammation and managing anxiety and depression. However, finding the right one is important, so keep reading to find out how you can do this to potentially reap the most benefits.
How to Find the Right One?
There are a few things to consider to make sure you’re buying Hemp Extract oil of the uppermost quality. Knowing what to look for can be difficult when there are now so many brands and products on the market. Here are a few questions to guide you towards getting the best quality oil.
1. What is MCT oil, and why is it an important component of the Hemp Extract oil you purchase?
As cannabinoids are fat soluble, they break down and are stored in fat instead of water. Their bioavailability is increased when consumed with saturated fats, which increases the absorption of cannabinoids into the body. The saturated fat content in coconut oil is near to levels of 80%. The fat cells allow cannabinoids to move through the body and be processed and used at a more rapid rate by the endocannabinoid system.
MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) oil derived from coconut oil, trigger a fairly quick release of cannabinoids in comparison to other oils. This is because the liver directly metabolises MCT oils into energy, which means that the body can burn and use the fats and start using the cannabinoids immediately.
2. Does the product use full spectrum hemp oil?
If you’re looking for a Hemp Extract oil, you will see these terms around. So, what is the difference and which one is better? Full spectrum hemp oil is extracted from the hemp oil and contains all the cannabinoids found in the plant. It also contains essential vitamins, minerals, flavonoids, terpenes, chlorophyll and omega fatty acids.
Hemp Extract isolate, on the other hand, is cannabidiol in its purest form. All of the oils, plant material, waxes, and nutritional content are removed to leave pure cannabidiol, usually in the form of white powder or crystals.
It is widely believed that we can gain the most benefits from using full spectrum hemp oil. Approaching health holistically by consuming the other components of the whole plant will pack more nutritional power. This 2015 study demonstrated that compared to single-molecule Hemp extract, the whole plant hemp extract had superior therapeutic properties.
3. Which oils are used alongside the Hemp extract?
Certain oils may enhance the benefits of Hemp Extract oil. For example, using a Whole Plant Derived Hemp oil with the Cannabinoids extract is a synergistic way of allowing the body to make use of and absorb the whole plant, pertaining to nature to increase efficacy.
4. Is the hemp seed oil used cold and fresh pressed, and nitrogen packed?
This will ensure that the quality of the oil has been protected. This is important otherwise you’re spending your money on poor quality which is more unlikely to enhance your wellbeing in any way.
5. Does the product use CO2 Extraction (Petroleum-Free Processing) to produce Hemp Extract oil?
The last thing you want to spend your money on is a Hemp extract oil with a chemical residue left over from harsh solvents from the extraction process. This is what happens when the cheapest and easiest ways to extract Hemp extract oil are used. The most reliable method is CO2 extraction, which involves using carbon dioxide (CO2) under high pressure and extremely low temperatures to extract Hemp extract oil without leaving a chemical residue.
6. Does the oil have less than 0.03% THC?
Hemp Extract oil must contain less than 0.03% THC to qualify as a legal hemp product. Look for products that state they meet this requirement because if not, you don’t want to fail a drug test at work! You might even want to look for products that contain no THC at all, if you operate heavy machinery or would just prefer this. However, as long as there’s less than 0.03% of trace elements, there will be no failed drug tests and no mind-altering effects.
What the experts say about Hemp Extract Oil
Now that you know what you’re looking for, why is Hemp Extract oil making such a big name for itself right now? Here are a few of the possible benefits of taking Hemp extract oil. An important disclaimer is that none of these benefits are guaranteed and a lot more research has to be done on Hemp Extract oil before we can make such claims.
1.Researchers found evidence that Hemp may help to prevent the spread of the dreaded C word. The review was published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. The researchers have called for further research to study its potential to be part of the standard cancer treatment so this is ongoing currently.
2.Researchers found that Hemp may help to reduce anxiety in various conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, general anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder. In the review, the authors proposed further studies of Hemp extract oil as a treatment for anxiety.
3.Anti-inflammatory properties may help to lower the production of sebum that leads to acne. This was found in a study published by the Journal of Clinical Investigation in 2014.
Researchers agree that there needs to be more evidence-based research into Hemp extract oil and its potential as a natural option to treat various health issues. Hemp extract oil may be able to offer significant relief to these health conditions, without causing dependence or the ‘high’ that is associated with cannabis. Will you be trying it?
Feel free to get in touch if you want to know more, and our nutritionists will be able to answer any of your questions!
Written by Jess Burman
BA (Honours) in Writing
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.