Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What vitamins and minerals are good for the skin?
Although most vitamins and minerals can be derived from a healthy and varied diet, there are times when the body needs supplementation particularly when going through a stressful period or just to boostÿ general wellbeing.
Minerals and vitamins especially beneficial for the skin are: -
| Alpha-Lipoic Acid is a powerful antioxidant, and much more potent that either vitamin C or E, alpha-lipoic acid may turn out to be a super boost for aging skin. Skin experts say its ability to penetrate both oil and water, affecting skin cells from both the inside and the outside of the body is what makes it very effective as a skin nutrient.|
Selenium helps to protect skin from sun damage. The best dietary sources of selenium include whole-grain cereals, seafood, garlic, and eggs.
Zinc is a very skin-friendly mineral, particularly if you suffer from acne. Sometimes acne itself is a symptom of a zinc deficiency. Taken internallyÿ zinc works to clear skin by reducing or calming down excessive oil production and may be effective in controlling the formation of acne lesions or help those already on your skin to clear sooner.
Vitamin C helps to counter the effect the risks of sun exposure. It works by reducing the damage caused by free radicals, a harmful byproduct of sunlight, smoke and pollution. Free radicals scavenge on collagen and elastin, causing wrinkles and other signs of aging. Vitamin C combined with Vitamin E helps protect skin from sun exposure.
Vitamin E is aÿ potent antioxidant that helps reduce the harmful effects of the sun on the skin. Vitamin E can also help reduce wrinkles and make your skin look and feel smoother. Used in a cream, lotion, or taken internally Vitamin E can soothe dry andÿ rough skin.
Vitamin A is necessary for the maintenance and repair of skin tissue. Without it, you’ll notice the difference. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with Vitamin A.ÿ Medical studies show a reduction in lines and wrinkles, good acne control, and some psoriasis reliefÿ from Vitamin A.
Vitamin B Complex. The most important B vitamin for skin is biotin, a nutrient that forms the basis of skin, nail and hair cells. One of the the symptoms of this deficiency is a skin conditions with dermatitis, or sometimes even hair loss. Even a mild deficiency could cause symptoms.
Fushi’s Beauty Totale has been formulated with all of these essential ingredients, and is free from binding and bulking agents, as well as other nasties that many mainstream brands tend to use. The Beauty Totale capsule comes in a vegetarian friendly cellulose capsule and contains only the nutrients and nothing else. Always make sure to read the ingredients on your supplements and vitamins and optÿ for supplements that are free from bulking, binding and other agents.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks