Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What vitamins and minerals are good for the skin?
Although most vitamins and minerals can be derived from a healthy and varied diet, there are times when the body needs supplementation particularly when going through a stressful period or just to boostÿ general wellbeing.
Minerals and vitamins especially beneficial for the skin are: -
| Alpha-Lipoic Acid is a powerful antioxidant, and much more potent that either vitamin C or E, alpha-lipoic acid may turn out to be a super boost for aging skin. Skin experts say its ability to penetrate both oil and water, affecting skin cells from both the inside and the outside of the body is what makes it very effective as a skin nutrient.|
Selenium helps to protect skin from sun damage. The best dietary sources of selenium include whole-grain cereals, seafood, garlic, and eggs.
Zinc is a very skin-friendly mineral, particularly if you suffer from acne. Sometimes acne itself is a symptom of a zinc deficiency. Taken internallyÿ zinc works to clear skin by reducing or calming down excessive oil production and may be effective in controlling the formation of acne lesions or help those already on your skin to clear sooner.
Vitamin C helps to counter the effect the risks of sun exposure. It works by reducing the damage caused by free radicals, a harmful byproduct of sunlight, smoke and pollution. Free radicals scavenge on collagen and elastin, causing wrinkles and other signs of aging. Vitamin C combined with Vitamin E helps protect skin from sun exposure.
Vitamin E is aÿ potent antioxidant that helps reduce the harmful effects of the sun on the skin. Vitamin E can also help reduce wrinkles and make your skin look and feel smoother. Used in a cream, lotion, or taken internally Vitamin E can soothe dry andÿ rough skin.
Vitamin A is necessary for the maintenance and repair of skin tissue. Without it, you’ll notice the difference. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with Vitamin A.ÿ Medical studies show a reduction in lines and wrinkles, good acne control, and some psoriasis reliefÿ from Vitamin A.
Vitamin B Complex. The most important B vitamin for skin is biotin, a nutrient that forms the basis of skin, nail and hair cells. One of the the symptoms of this deficiency is a skin conditions with dermatitis, or sometimes even hair loss. Even a mild deficiency could cause symptoms.
Fushi’s Beauty Totale has been formulated with all of these essential ingredients, and is free from binding and bulking agents, as well as other nasties that many mainstream brands tend to use. The Beauty Totale capsule comes in a vegetarian friendly cellulose capsule and contains only the nutrients and nothing else. Always make sure to read the ingredients on your supplements and vitamins and optÿ for supplements that are free from bulking, binding and other agents.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Dolores, thank you for your message!Ashwagandha is an adaptogen so will adapt to your own bodies rhythm. It is a powerful way to regulate energy levels through the day so in some people may boost circulation and cell activity, which is why you may find yourself with insomnia. Everyone is unique and different, so will react to herbs and remedies differently. As you are using bio-identical hormones, I would advise you check with your GP, as there are often interferences with herbs. Perhaps you should try taking your Ashwagandha in the morning to regulate your bodies rhythm through the day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan it actually cause insomnia and night sweats in menopausal women if taken at night? I think it does for me. I also use compounded bio-identical hormones.