Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What vitamins and minerals are good for the skin?
Although most vitamins and minerals can be derived from a healthy and varied diet, there are times when the body needs supplementation particularly when going through a stressful period or just to boostÿ general wellbeing.
Minerals and vitamins especially beneficial for the skin are: -
| Alpha-Lipoic Acid is a powerful antioxidant, and much more potent that either vitamin C or E, alpha-lipoic acid may turn out to be a super boost for aging skin. Skin experts say its ability to penetrate both oil and water, affecting skin cells from both the inside and the outside of the body is what makes it very effective as a skin nutrient.|
Selenium helps to protect skin from sun damage. The best dietary sources of selenium include whole-grain cereals, seafood, garlic, and eggs.
Zinc is a very skin-friendly mineral, particularly if you suffer from acne. Sometimes acne itself is a symptom of a zinc deficiency. Taken internallyÿ zinc works to clear skin by reducing or calming down excessive oil production and may be effective in controlling the formation of acne lesions or help those already on your skin to clear sooner.
Vitamin C helps to counter the effect the risks of sun exposure. It works by reducing the damage caused by free radicals, a harmful byproduct of sunlight, smoke and pollution. Free radicals scavenge on collagen and elastin, causing wrinkles and other signs of aging. Vitamin C combined with Vitamin E helps protect skin from sun exposure.
Vitamin E is aÿ potent antioxidant that helps reduce the harmful effects of the sun on the skin. Vitamin E can also help reduce wrinkles and make your skin look and feel smoother. Used in a cream, lotion, or taken internally Vitamin E can soothe dry andÿ rough skin.
Vitamin A is necessary for the maintenance and repair of skin tissue. Without it, you’ll notice the difference. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with Vitamin A.ÿ Medical studies show a reduction in lines and wrinkles, good acne control, and some psoriasis reliefÿ from Vitamin A.
Vitamin B Complex. The most important B vitamin for skin is biotin, a nutrient that forms the basis of skin, nail and hair cells. One of the the symptoms of this deficiency is a skin conditions with dermatitis, or sometimes even hair loss. Even a mild deficiency could cause symptoms.
Fushi’s Beauty Totale has been formulated with all of these essential ingredients, and is free from binding and bulking agents, as well as other nasties that many mainstream brands tend to use. The Beauty Totale capsule comes in a vegetarian friendly cellulose capsule and contains only the nutrients and nothing else. Always make sure to read the ingredients on your supplements and vitamins and optÿ for supplements that are free from bulking, binding and other agents.
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?