Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What vitamins and minerals are good for the skin?
Although most vitamins and minerals can be derived from a healthy and varied diet, there are times when the body needs supplementation particularly when going through a stressful period or just to boostÿ general wellbeing.
Minerals and vitamins especially beneficial for the skin are: -
| Alpha-Lipoic Acid is a powerful antioxidant, and much more potent that either vitamin C or E, alpha-lipoic acid may turn out to be a super boost for aging skin. Skin experts say its ability to penetrate both oil and water, affecting skin cells from both the inside and the outside of the body is what makes it very effective as a skin nutrient.|
Selenium helps to protect skin from sun damage. The best dietary sources of selenium include whole-grain cereals, seafood, garlic, and eggs.
Zinc is a very skin-friendly mineral, particularly if you suffer from acne. Sometimes acne itself is a symptom of a zinc deficiency. Taken internallyÿ zinc works to clear skin by reducing or calming down excessive oil production and may be effective in controlling the formation of acne lesions or help those already on your skin to clear sooner.
Vitamin C helps to counter the effect the risks of sun exposure. It works by reducing the damage caused by free radicals, a harmful byproduct of sunlight, smoke and pollution. Free radicals scavenge on collagen and elastin, causing wrinkles and other signs of aging. Vitamin C combined with Vitamin E helps protect skin from sun exposure.
Vitamin E is aÿ potent antioxidant that helps reduce the harmful effects of the sun on the skin. Vitamin E can also help reduce wrinkles and make your skin look and feel smoother. Used in a cream, lotion, or taken internally Vitamin E can soothe dry andÿ rough skin.
Vitamin A is necessary for the maintenance and repair of skin tissue. Without it, you’ll notice the difference. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with Vitamin A.ÿ Medical studies show a reduction in lines and wrinkles, good acne control, and some psoriasis reliefÿ from Vitamin A.
Vitamin B Complex. The most important B vitamin for skin is biotin, a nutrient that forms the basis of skin, nail and hair cells. One of the the symptoms of this deficiency is a skin conditions with dermatitis, or sometimes even hair loss. Even a mild deficiency could cause symptoms.
Fushi’s Beauty Totale has been formulated with all of these essential ingredients, and is free from binding and bulking agents, as well as other nasties that many mainstream brands tend to use. The Beauty Totale capsule comes in a vegetarian friendly cellulose capsule and contains only the nutrients and nothing else. Always make sure to read the ingredients on your supplements and vitamins and optÿ for supplements that are free from bulking, binding and other agents.
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin