Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What you need to know about Sahaja yoga
Sahaja yoga is gaining a great following worldwide, however for those not in the know, here are the ins and outs of this particular discipline.
What is Sahaja yoga?
Founded by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi it is described as a "mental silence", offering both physical and cognitive benefits.
It is becoming known for calming the mind and busting stress, as well as promoting healthy living, according to a new study conducted by the University of Sydney Medical School.
Senior lecturer of psychiatry at the school, Ramesh Manocha, claims that during a two-year study of the practice 52 per cent of participants experienced so-called "mental silence" several times a day or more, thanks to training their mind with Sahaja yoga.
"Practitioners had not only better mental and physical health but also a consistent relationship between health, especially mental health, and self-reported experience of mental silence," Mr Manocha said.
What are the health benefits?
The psychologist claims that this mind emptiness is a quietly joyful state, inducing mental peace and emotional equilibrium.
This can reduce levels of adrenaline and cortisol in the blood stream, which in turn decreases blood pressure and lowers brain activity, slowing down the mind and leaving the individual calmer and in a more relaxed state of mind.
How does it differ from other yogas?
Yoga for beginners comes in all shapes and sizes. However Sahaja yoga claims that its methods focus more on self-realisation than simply following a set of asanas and postures.
It is designed to make individuals more spiritually aware, connecting them with their inner self and developing a pure and moral consciousness.
Students are encouraged to experience and test this yoga for themselves, once they have already got to grips with meditation.
Classes are usually free and prompt newcomers to learn more about Sahaja yoga.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks