Cookies on fushi.co.uk
What you need to know about Sahaja yoga
Sahaja yoga is gaining a great following worldwide, however for those not in the know, here are the ins and outs of this particular discipline.
What is Sahaja yoga?
Founded by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi it is described as a "mental silence", offering both physical and cognitive benefits.
It is becoming known for calming the mind and busting stress, as well as promoting healthy living, according to a new study conducted by the University of Sydney Medical School.
Senior lecturer of psychiatry at the school, Ramesh Manocha, claims that during a two-year study of the practice 52 per cent of participants experienced so-called "mental silence" several times a day or more, thanks to training their mind with Sahaja yoga.
"Practitioners had not only better mental and physical health but also a consistent relationship between health, especially mental health, and self-reported experience of mental silence," Mr Manocha said.
What are the health benefits?
The psychologist claims that this mind emptiness is a quietly joyful state, inducing mental peace and emotional equilibrium.
This can reduce levels of adrenaline and cortisol in the blood stream, which in turn decreases blood pressure and lowers brain activity, slowing down the mind and leaving the individual calmer and in a more relaxed state of mind.
How does it differ from other yogas?
Yoga for beginners comes in all shapes and sizes. However Sahaja yoga claims that its methods focus more on self-realisation than simply following a set of asanas and postures.
It is designed to make individuals more spiritually aware, connecting them with their inner self and developing a pure and moral consciousness.
Students are encouraged to experience and test this yoga for themselves, once they have already got to grips with meditation.
Classes are usually free and prompt newcomers to learn more about Sahaja yoga.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy