Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Which oils are best for anti-ageing?
A lot of high street products swear to perform a whole host of miraculous things on your skin, but to what extent do they actually deliver on their promises?
There's no point damaging your skin with chemical-filled products that cost the earth when natural oils are cheap, organic and accessible.
If you want wrinkle-free, soft, youthful skin – then try these oils before you try anything else.
Black seed oil
This oil, sometimes called Nigella Sativa, is known to be a healer of the skin.
It is thought to contain over 100 healing components – some of which boasting the ability to repair tired and worn looking skin.
Black seed oil is historically a feminine oil. It is thought that it was found in Tutankhamen's tomb and used by Cleopatra for its beauty-giving qualities.
All you need to do is rub about half a teaspoon of the oil on your face. Sufferers of eczema, acne and wrinkles are especially encouraged to try these healing oil.
Rose hip oil
Good old rose hip has been making the headlines recently, as many celebrities swear by it as the reason behind their glowing, youthful skin.
The reason behind its success is that it is packed full of omega 3, omega 6 and other essential fatty acids. These ingredients plump our the skin while moisturising, alleviating present fine lines and getting rid of any that are in the post.
It is also a source of retinoic acid – known for evening skin tone and giving it a nice, even glow.
“Rosehip is perfect for all ages and skin types, including those with sensitive skin conditions like rosacea and acne. I add a drop to moisturiser to boost the results,” says Deborah Mitchell, celebrity skin specialist.
Pomegranate seed oil
It is thought that pomegranate seed oil can improve skin elasticity by creating collagen in the skin.
Collagen makes the skin look plumper, fuller and has also been known to reverse the effects of sun damage.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.