Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Which oils are best for anti-ageing?
A lot of high street products swear to perform a whole host of miraculous things on your skin, but to what extent do they actually deliver on their promises?
There's no point damaging your skin with chemical-filled products that cost the earth when natural oils are cheap, organic and accessible.
If you want wrinkle-free, soft, youthful skin – then try these oils before you try anything else.
Black seed oil
This oil, sometimes called Nigella Sativa, is known to be a healer of the skin.
It is thought to contain over 100 healing components – some of which boasting the ability to repair tired and worn looking skin.
Black seed oil is historically a feminine oil. It is thought that it was found in Tutankhamen's tomb and used by Cleopatra for its beauty-giving qualities.
All you need to do is rub about half a teaspoon of the oil on your face. Sufferers of eczema, acne and wrinkles are especially encouraged to try these healing oil.
Rose hip oil
Good old rose hip has been making the headlines recently, as many celebrities swear by it as the reason behind their glowing, youthful skin.
The reason behind its success is that it is packed full of omega 3, omega 6 and other essential fatty acids. These ingredients plump our the skin while moisturising, alleviating present fine lines and getting rid of any that are in the post.
It is also a source of retinoic acid – known for evening skin tone and giving it a nice, even glow.
“Rosehip is perfect for all ages and skin types, including those with sensitive skin conditions like rosacea and acne. I add a drop to moisturiser to boost the results,” says Deborah Mitchell, celebrity skin specialist.
Pomegranate seed oil
It is thought that pomegranate seed oil can improve skin elasticity by creating collagen in the skin.
Collagen makes the skin look plumper, fuller and has also been known to reverse the effects of sun damage.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy