Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Why not use yoga to help you forget work on holiday?
New research has looked into just how much we actually relax when we head off on holiday - or rather how much we don't relax!
In fact, the study from BA Holidays showed that on average, British workers relax for only four days of their holiday during a two week long break.
A fifth of the sample felt they had more chance of switching off from the world of work if they went on a shorter break instead of a longer one - as a result of the fact that on a short break they wouldn't be so concerned about how much work they'll need to do to catch up!
On average, workers are checking their emails, texting their fellow workers or phoning them by the time their second week away begins. A fifth said they always got worried about the subject of work when they were away on a break.
And over 25 per cent dreaded how much work was mounting up for them while they weren't in the workplace.
Meanwhile, one-fifth admitted that they thought about the workplace from the poolside or beach!
”Many believe that getting away from things for two weeks means you can really switch off – more so than if you just went for a long weekend away. But it seems for some the opposite is actually true," commented BA Holidays managing director, Claire Bentley.
”Our most popular short breaks among workers are for stays in Boutique hotels in cities such as Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan and Berlin, highlighting that many workers are opting for luxury short breaks to get maximum relaxation and minimum time worrying about work.”
If you find you can't stop thoughts of work surfacing while you're away, and feel that it would really be a better idea to focus on doing something else, then why not take your yoga equipment with you on your trip away?
If you're an experienced and passionate yoga fan, then you could spend some quality time doing your favourite holiday, and it could help you feel more relaxed, and more like you're spending your time off focused on something other than work!
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy