Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga for beginners
The beginning of the month is the perfect time to make a fresh start and dedicate yourself to a fitness-filled life.
Deciding to re-launch your fitness regime is the first, and most difficult step into gaining a more healthy and active lifestyle.
Whether you've done it or not before, yoga is the perfect beginning of the month exercise. Because of the ability to ease yourself in with yoga, you need not fear that you won't be able to do it!
It's easy, enjoyable and can be done anywhere. Perfect for these autumnal and grey months.
Step one: which kind of yoga is right for you?
Yoga is one of the most flexible exercises as it allows people of all ages and abilities to take pleasure from it.
Additionally, yoga is suited to those who want mental or physical benefits, or both.
When beginning yoga, the best thing to do is to find out what you want from yoga, and what you believe your abilities to be.
You can then pick a yoga regime which is suited to your capability and desire, giving you the most pleasure and eventual profit.
Find out which programme is best suited to you by reading Iyengar Yoga for Beginners or Yoga Bible.
Step two: what is the basic equipment?
One of the greatest things about yoga is that the equipment needed is very minimal, making it a cheap and easy sport.
The essential ingredient is simply a yoga mat.
Which you pick is down to what type of yoga you want to do and where. If you plan on doing it at home, picking a yoga mat that will suit the size and style of your house is instrumental.
Step three: what do you wear?
Anything comfortable is fine to wear for yoga - as long as you feel relaxed.
For those who want to get all the equipment, there are options available. Ethical eco-friendly yoga clothes can help a beginner feel like an expert!
Posted by Freya Harper
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?