Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga for holiday hangovers
'Tis the season to be hungover.
Indeed, although the party season may be drawing to a close, it's safe to say the tired, morning-after feeling has well and truly remained.
The last thing you may feel like doing to beat the hangover is getting up and doing some exercise, but it could be the greatest cure.
However, yoga can be a fantastic way of getting yourself out of bed, into work and feeling tip-top.
According to HerCampus, the chair twist gives your body an "internal massage" - settling that nauseous stomach and aching limbs.
Start with the right side of your body facing the back of the chair, while holding the back of your chair with both hands at shoulder height.
Your hips and torso should be facing forward, while your shoulders should be relaxed.
Inhale and press down into the seat of the chair, with your head facing the ceiling. Breathe in deeply.
As you exhale, twist your body as far to the right as you can, while stretching your torso and keeping your hands and arms forward.
As you breathe in, go back to the centre, and repeat on the left side.
"Twisting massages your abdominal organs and improves digestion," HerCampus explained.
This move is similar to the chair twist, but it requites no chair.
Sit out with your legs extended in front of you.
Firstly, bring your right foot to your left knee.
Then, bring your left foot up to your right hip.
As you inhale, sit up as tall as you can. On the exhale, slowly place your right arm behind you and turn your torso back with it - as far as you can go.
Hold for as long as possible and then repeat on the other side.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.