Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga for holiday hangovers
'Tis the season to be hungover.
Indeed, although the party season may be drawing to a close, it's safe to say the tired, morning-after feeling has well and truly remained.
The last thing you may feel like doing to beat the hangover is getting up and doing some exercise, but it could be the greatest cure.
However, yoga can be a fantastic way of getting yourself out of bed, into work and feeling tip-top.
According to HerCampus, the chair twist gives your body an "internal massage" - settling that nauseous stomach and aching limbs.
Start with the right side of your body facing the back of the chair, while holding the back of your chair with both hands at shoulder height.
Your hips and torso should be facing forward, while your shoulders should be relaxed.
Inhale and press down into the seat of the chair, with your head facing the ceiling. Breathe in deeply.
As you exhale, twist your body as far to the right as you can, while stretching your torso and keeping your hands and arms forward.
As you breathe in, go back to the centre, and repeat on the left side.
"Twisting massages your abdominal organs and improves digestion," HerCampus explained.
This move is similar to the chair twist, but it requites no chair.
Sit out with your legs extended in front of you.
Firstly, bring your right foot to your left knee.
Then, bring your left foot up to your right hip.
As you inhale, sit up as tall as you can. On the exhale, slowly place your right arm behind you and turn your torso back with it - as far as you can go.
Hold for as long as possible and then repeat on the other side.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.