Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga for holiday hangovers
'Tis the season to be hungover.
Indeed, although the party season may be drawing to a close, it's safe to say the tired, morning-after feeling has well and truly remained.
The last thing you may feel like doing to beat the hangover is getting up and doing some exercise, but it could be the greatest cure.
However, yoga can be a fantastic way of getting yourself out of bed, into work and feeling tip-top.
According to HerCampus, the chair twist gives your body an "internal massage" - settling that nauseous stomach and aching limbs.
Start with the right side of your body facing the back of the chair, while holding the back of your chair with both hands at shoulder height.
Your hips and torso should be facing forward, while your shoulders should be relaxed.
Inhale and press down into the seat of the chair, with your head facing the ceiling. Breathe in deeply.
As you exhale, twist your body as far to the right as you can, while stretching your torso and keeping your hands and arms forward.
As you breathe in, go back to the centre, and repeat on the left side.
"Twisting massages your abdominal organs and improves digestion," HerCampus explained.
This move is similar to the chair twist, but it requites no chair.
Sit out with your legs extended in front of you.
Firstly, bring your right foot to your left knee.
Then, bring your left foot up to your right hip.
As you inhale, sit up as tall as you can. On the exhale, slowly place your right arm behind you and turn your torso back with it - as far as you can go.
Hold for as long as possible and then repeat on the other side.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)