Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Yoga for holiday hangovers
'Tis the season to be hungover.
Indeed, although the party season may be drawing to a close, it's safe to say the tired, morning-after feeling has well and truly remained.
The last thing you may feel like doing to beat the hangover is getting up and doing some exercise, but it could be the greatest cure.
However, yoga can be a fantastic way of getting yourself out of bed, into work and feeling tip-top.
According to HerCampus, the chair twist gives your body an "internal massage" - settling that nauseous stomach and aching limbs.
Start with the right side of your body facing the back of the chair, while holding the back of your chair with both hands at shoulder height.
Your hips and torso should be facing forward, while your shoulders should be relaxed.
Inhale and press down into the seat of the chair, with your head facing the ceiling. Breathe in deeply.
As you exhale, twist your body as far to the right as you can, while stretching your torso and keeping your hands and arms forward.
As you breathe in, go back to the centre, and repeat on the left side.
"Twisting massages your abdominal organs and improves digestion," HerCampus explained.
This move is similar to the chair twist, but it requites no chair.
Sit out with your legs extended in front of you.
Firstly, bring your right foot to your left knee.
Then, bring your left foot up to your right hip.
As you inhale, sit up as tall as you can. On the exhale, slowly place your right arm behind you and turn your torso back with it - as far as you can go.
Hold for as long as possible and then repeat on the other side.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy