Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Your perfect cup of tea?
Looking to try a hot drink that’s a little different to the black tea we’re all so used to drinking? Perhaps the fresh flavour of fresh mint tea will be up your street.
Fresh mint tea is caffeine free, so even those who are trying to cut this substance out from their diets can enjoy sampling a cup of mint tea.
One great time to try it is at the end of an evening meal as an after-dinner hot drink, because it is not as likely to keep you up at night as caffeinated tea or coffee are, given that some people find taking in caffeine near bedtime stops them sleeping.
It’s such a simple drink to make. All you need to do is add a few rinsed mint leaves to a mug and add hot water. Allow the drink to cool a little so that it is ready to drink and not too hot, then enjoy!
If you like you can strain the leaves from the water once brewed, for example by passing the mixture through a regular tea strainer. But you should find that the leaves do not get in your way as you enjoy this hydrating beverage.
You can buy fresh mint for making tea in many places. But one very convenient thing about drinking mint tea is that you can grow fresh mint at home.
Mint can be grown in containers and home growing will mean you will be able to make a cup of mint tea for yourself or for dinner party guests so easily - you won’t have to head out to buy any ingredients, but can simply pluck them from a plant in your own home.
Those who aim to make the most sensible healthy living choices in the things they eat and drink may well want to take their tea without sugar, as a way of lowering the amount of this substance they take in. But it can be sweetened if you wish, with sugar or honey, for example.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?