Cookies on fushi.co.uk
TRY ME Sea Buckthorn Organic Oil 10ml
This is because we are awaiting fresh ingredients from our growers; we combine the season's harvest of nuts, seeds and herbs every 3 months so we can deliver the freshest products to you. We know that honesty is important to you and hope you'll understand the story behind the small growers who work hard to make the products you love.
• Fushi Fresh Pressed ® Organic Sea Buckthorn oil, sustainably sourced.
• High in the rare Omega 7 (Palmitoleic acid).
• High in antioxidants, Vitamin A (Beta Carotene) & Lycopene.
• Extracted in its Virgin (as its found in fruit) form using pure mechanical separation procedure.
• Orange hue and fruity scent indicative of a pure Sea Buckthorn Fruit Pulp oil.
The robust deep red berries which produce our Organic Sea Buckthorn oil are the most nutritious and unusual of indigenous fruits, found primarily in Europe and parts of Asia, predominantly in mountainous regions. Our berries are grown sustainably in Germany from which this oil is extracted in its virgin form, using a pure mechanical separation procedure to retain the oil's natural composition and potency. Our unrefined 100% pure Sea Buckthorn oil is of an orange hue and has a beautiful fruity scent.
Sea Buckthorn oil is renowned for its Palmitoleic acid (omega 7), Provitamin A (carotenoids, in particular beta carotene) and vitamins E and K. This oil contains a high concentration of the incredibly rare Palmitoleic acid which is a fatty acid that naturally occurs in the sebum of the skin. This fatty acid promotes nourishment, protection of the skin and is known to support skin cells and aid healing.
Taken internally, it is known to be beneficial for inflammation, which can in turn provide many benefits for the body, including being heart protective and supporting the digestive tract. Omega 7 is also known for helping with blood sugar balance and therefore possibly supporting weight management.
Containing an abundance of fatty acids, as well as phytonutrient Lycopene which all help to protect the skin from free radicals and help maintain the skin's healthy epidermal barrier. Sea Buckthorn oil is also known to be beneficial for sun burn and skin rejuvenation due to its antioxidant properties. This oil is also rich in B vitamins and is the only plant source to contain omega's 3, 6, 7 and 9.
Sea Buckthorn's high omega 7 fatty acid (Palmitoleic) content also imparts a natural scent, which is completely natural and not an indication of rancidity. This is typical of an unrefined and high quality Sea Buckthorn oil. This oil is highly absorbable yet naturally very pigmented with a bright orange hue, due to its high lycopene and carotenoid content. The colour will stay on the skin until it is washed off, or you can apply to give the skin a natural tanned colour. It is best to use a small amount, or even mix with other carrier oils, such as sweet almond, to dilute the hue on the skin.
Fushi Fresh Pressed ® Sea Buckthorn oil is important for:
• Palmitoleic acid (Omega 7) known to be beneficial for skin healing and aid in skin cell regeneration.
• Palmitoleic acid known for benefits for the digestive, cardiovascular systems and blood sugar balance.
• Dry skin conditions, scars, skin healing and sunburn relief.
• Contains powerful phytonutrients, antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
• Natural orange hue of Sea Buckthorn can be used for a natural tanning oil to give the skin a natural tanned tone.
This is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. Sediment or natural particles of the ingredients may be visible in the oil. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered, and does not imply the oil is faulty.
Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined Sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.)
C-atoms: Double bonds
Content in %
Different fatty acids
< C 16:0
approx. 0,5 %
28 up to 43 %
min. 25 %
18 up to 30%
1,3 to 6 %
approx. 2,5 %
Different fatty acids
Directions for use:
• For internal and external use. Take 1-2 teaspoons daily with food or as directed by a healthcare professional. Can also be drizzled over a salad or blended into a smoothie. Massage externally into affected area daily.
• Care should be taken when used externally as the oil can easily stain fabric.
• The oil usually already starts to crystallise out below 20⁰ C and is usually of a firm consistency below 15⁰ C. Due to the complex composition of the oil, discolorations can occur but these are completely reversible even when heated. This does not affect the dietary and physiological quality of the oil.
Do not take if pregnant or breast-feeding. Not recommended for children under 12 years. Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage. Store in a cool dry place out of reach of children. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
Store in a cool dark place, oil should be used within 8 weeks once it has been opened.
FREE UK DELIVERY & RETURNS
FREE Royal Mail Tracked 48 Delivery 3-5 Days on all orders over £20.00
£3.50 Royal Mail Tracked 48 Delivery 3-5 Days
FREE EU DELIVERY
Free EU Delivery Over €40
Free Delivery to USA/Canada Over $100
Click here to see international shipping rates